WIPRO Buy back - A good bet for Short term

From where did you get this info? Link?

Broker gave message. Already out in public now. Cheers!!

1 Like

i received contract note. when will the amount get credited in bank? did everyone receive? my bank has changed my bank account number without intimation

It has been credited today.

Most of us got it credited yesterday (RTGS).

Received mine. Any idea on the Infy buyback?

Its over lets close the thread…

Can anyone share the acceptance percentage of infosys share buyback ?

It’s a tad less than 50% in small retail investor category. Check the Infosys thread for details.

From where did you get this information ?

Check the Share holding pattern report for TCS as on date 31 March 2017 under the public share holdeing pattern category

check the Share holding
Pattern as on 31 March end 2017 under public shareholders

Anyone still following up on Wipro.

1 Like

As SEBI norms , the promoter holding should not exceed more than 75 % of the total Equity. Wipro Promoter already having 74.2 % stake in the Co. I this situation will the promoter able to buy back shares ? Thanks.

It is company buyback of shares even promoters can offer shares in this buyback

1 Like

Thanks for the information HK Gupta.

Dear boarders,

Number of Shareholders who hold upto 1 lakh shares grew from 2.59 lakhs to 3.19 lakhs.

What do you think will be the retail acceptance this time?

March Share holding: https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/shpPublicShareholder.aspx?scripcd=507685&qtrid=101.00&QtrName=March%202019

Did you find any estimate of retail acceptance %? The buyback record date is June 20th.

Buyback size - 10500 Cr
Buyback number of shares - 323076923
Individual share capital upto Rs. 2 Lacs (shares) - 113978744 (I am guessing that this is calculated based on face value. Please correct)
Individual share capital upto Rs. 2 Lacs (shareholder count) - 319743
Individual share capital upto Rs. 2 Lacs (average sh holding) - 356
Buyback from retail - 48461538

Worst case scenario -
Acceptance - 42.5% (48461538/323076923)

But I feel that the base we are considering here is much bigger and the acceptance ratio will be higher.

March 2019 Shareholding: https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/shpPublicShareholder.aspx?scripcd=507685&qtrid=101.00&QtrName=March%202019