Wim plast

Hi Hitesh,

I hope the short seller gets trapped. Like in Ajanta, we had an auction. Then you get a good price for selling. I am invested in it at the moment. In a bear market, fear outstrips all positives. Mind games begin to play. One needs strong convictions to hold on. Look for better times soon.

Agree about your hypothesis. Margin call seems to be the most likely cause of the down circuit yesterday.

Problem is of recency effect. Bcos arshiya and cebbco have gone down the drain, the mind will always come up with excuses not to buy citing the previous examples.

I think there would have been a lot of guys on the forum or elsewhere who may have missed the rally from 300 to 420 odd and would be wanting to buy this one if it comes down below 300 or prefereably nearer to 275. If it came down in tranches of 5-6 percent for 3 days and reached same level there would be no questions asked but the 20% down circuit will shake even the best of investors.

The difference i came across arshiya and cebbco versus wimplast is mainly of pledging and debt which were not there in wimplast.

For those who are stuck with the stock I guess there was no option but to grin and bear the pain but for those wanting to buy in down circuit, it is a very difficult decision to make.

A sudden drop of 20% is of course difficult to take. Isn’t it wise to stay out of stocks where such possibilities are there? One way to avoid such huge falls could be to invest only in companies that do not have MF, FII holdings (undiscovered).

Akbar,

Actually, Wimplast has negligible FII/DII holding. But still no news on why it crashed. Maybe Dolly actually got hit :slight_smile:

Looking at shareholding pattern of wimplast, dolly khanna has only 61000 odd shares which is around 1% of total shares. Not too big for a savvy investor who had made a killing in ttk and other stocks.

fii/dii presence is nil to negligible – may partially be due to poor liquidity.

Indicates this is largely an undiscovered/under researched stock.

some figures from screener.in show foll data

sales cagr :

10 year at around 9%

5 years at 30%

3 yr at 29% and

1 yr at 32.75%

profit cagr

10 yrs at 27.25%

5 yrs at 78.37%

3 yrs at 40%

1 yr at 31.54%

Even on ttm basis there has been sales growth at around 20% and profit growth at around 20 plus %.

All this has come about with ROE since past 5 years above 20, and nil debt. Looks like great going for the company.

Company recently announced the commencement of production at its calcutta facility and other expansions were cited to be completed in AR for fy 12 itself.

Div payout since past three years has been close to 15%. These guys are fond of declaring one interim dividend and then a final dividend.

I had bought this one as an opportunistic bet but I guess it merits closer look as a portfolio bet as i can see it growing around 20% cagr for next 2-3 years with no stretching of balance sheet.

Yes, this co has had very good financial nos and things seem clean here. Plus there is a good brand and distribution value too.

Ayush

SKP Securities recommends WImplast with a target of Rs.468

ICICIdirect has given a target of Rs.420-450

http://content.icicidirect.com/mailimages/IDIRECT_NANONIVESH_WIMPLAST.PDF

Hi,

The stock has zoomed 13% today… Seems to be coming back to the levels seen before the midcap carnage.

Dividend at 8 Rs,

sales net 65.69 cr vs 60.22 net profit 7.21 cr vs 6.81 quarterly

sales (net) 247 cr vs 200 crs net profit 28.25 crs vs 22.75

Utkarsh,

Can you please send the link of the results? Am not able to locate it on BSE website or company’s website?

Regards,

Ankit

Ankit,

It is available now. Earlier it wasnt available on BSE website.

Yearly results

Sales are up 26.27%

Duties are up 49.8% (11.184% of sales in FY12 to 13.267% of sales in FY13)

Net sales are up only 23.31% (due to higher duties)

Other operating income is down 29.5%

Total income is up 23.13%

Total Expenses are up 23.76%

PBT is up 20.4% to 38.574 crore from 32.0168 crore

Tax ratio is 26.7543% in FY13 to 28.946% in FY12

PAT and EPS are up 24.2% (aided by lower effective tax rate)

Hi Utkarsh,

Have you compared last qtr result with 1yr back same qtr result. They are terrible with Sales, EBITDA, NP all growing in single digit % y-o-y. Last qtr also they were ~16% only. Things doesn’t seems to be in nice path for the company.

Disc: Have sold half of my holding of wimplast with decent gain.

Hi Subash,

I think things might turn for the company in next one or two quarter with new capacities stabilising and adding to sales as well as the crude price cooling off leading to improvement in margins.

Regards,

Ankit

Ankit,

It is available now. Earlier it wasnt available on BSE website.

Yearly results

Sales are up 26.27%

Duties are up 49.8% (11.184% of sales in FY12 to 13.267% of sales in FY13)

Net sales are up only 23.31% (due to higher duties)

Other operating income is down 29.5%

Total income is up 23.13%

Total Expenses are up 23.76%

PBT is up 20.4% to 38.574 crore from 32.0168 crore

Tax ratio is 26.7543% in FY13 to 28.946% in FY12

PAT and EPS are up 24.2% (aided by lower effective tax rate)

Hi Subhash,

As u said, the quarterly result seem to be extremely poor as compared to March of FY12.

Sales growth has been low in this quarter and other operating parameters aren’t much encouraging either.

Even I have put on hold my decision to further buy into this stock, due to not so impressive results.

But i am not completely ignoring it yet. The commencement of commercial production in Kolkata was at 15 March. The effect of this development would be completely visible in the next quarter (April-June) and than one can take a complete view on operations post-expansion and form a view for next couple of years.

Utkarsh

(Disc: Hold few shares)

Why is this falling now?

hi ashaok bahi any latest updates on wimplast

thank u

prashant shah

Q3/Fy-13 Results out…

9M/Fy-13 v/s 9M/Fy-12:

what abt the latest resultsfor sept ending swami

It’s the same guy, as Cello pens & stationery, a group company, was also named and an order was issued against Cello pens, pradeep g rathod and pankaj g rathod.

hi tony any new analsisis on wimplast