Vivek Gautam Portfolio

congrats vivek.

btw is there some discrepancy in the data? it says profit since 1993 is 75 lakh. current portfolio 1 cr. looks like something wrong. anyways great job.keep it up

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Its been thanks to concept of sharing together and growing together .

Two minds are always better than a single mind

I started dabbling in stocks 1993 but most of next 10 years went away in paying tuition fees to market.Real journey started in last 2 years once I applied capital allocation & ROCE rule.

Many thanks are due to this wonderful forum and countless friends over here.

2 Likes

Congrats Vivek Bhai on getting featured.

Looks like they have committed a mistake of at least 10X in profit and Portfolio sizing :).

1 Like

:)).

Congrats Vivek. It’s great to be featured.

I think Gyan mentioned it all. The ET reporter would have fainted if you would have told the correct figures :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Vivek, Congratulations on getting featured in Economic Times. I hope you remember me from moneycontrol forum days. We work for the same organization.

1 Like

Hi Ranjan,

Good to hear from you.Where have you been n where are you now?

Thanks.

Congrats Vivek for featuring in ET. How did you get into this?

I was in hibernation. I’m in Bangalore now. Trimmed down my portfolio from 45 to 33. I can’t sell any more.

Hi Vivek,

Are you still holding TCS?. If you do not mind can you please share your views in regards to the workforce realignment that is currently happening?.

Management commentary says it is a routine annual review which is not true. why can’t they acknowledge this is a bigger realignment and provide the benefits they wish to get out of it. There are some rumors going around that the company overstated the revenues in the past and they want to clean it up with the margin expansion that comes out of this effort.

By not being transparent i am worried that they have some skeletons hidden in their cupboard. Would really appreciate to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Congratulations Vivek ji. have seen your article in ET

1 Like

Hi Vivek, can you post the latest changes in your portfolio.

I am still holding on to most of my PF including likes of Shilpa,TCS,Astral,Avanti,Kaveri,Repco,Aurobindo,Ajanta Pharma,Mayur Uni,Page ,PI Ind,PFS,CCl,GRUH,OCCl,Premco, are the major ones.minor ones are Cera,Panasonic energy,Persistent Syustem,DHFL
Recent addition have been Sun Pharma@930,PI Ind@610-720 range,Avanti @1600,Shilpa@800 and IPO allotment like VRL Logistics and more buying at 290 odd today,Akme star HFC a microcap at marketcap of 18 Cr and PBV of 1,Granules India

Hi Vivek,
Thanks for posting your PF
Can you share more details about Akme Star Housing finance, looks interesting, didnt find much on screener
Thanks

AKME Star Housing Finance co got recently listed at BSE SME.

I liked the company because

1. BV 28 and CMP 30

2. Marketcap of only 18 Crores

3. One of the few listed HFC which is focused on non salaried class which is 85% of total opp size

4. Very well educated promoters one is CA,CS,ICWA,Phd and LLB and other is CA

5. Very good execution track record of AKME Group of 18 years.They are one of the 2 NBFCs allowed to take deposits from public in Rajasthan by RBI .have a depositholder base of 50,000/- and are operating these NBFCs since 1997.

6. Very good reputation amongst region of Udaipur and and amongst their Jain community. Infact AKME is named after their Jain Guru Acharya Kumud Mani.As can be seen from above video promoters are very humble down to earth people but very confident,focused and with ambition.

7. Most of the money in IPO was invested by their deposit holders and acuaintances who are known to them.IPO was for only 4.8 Cr INR and they will not let them down

8. NHB Supervision and license given by it 5 years back.Now its very difficult to get a license from NHB and surely value of license itself will be more than piffling market cap

9. However the co has so far not taken much loan from any bank and activities have remained small.

This is a small lottery type of investment which can very well turn out to be a 10 or 100 bagger if execution is good as opportunity size is big and in a small co the bet is only on the jockey.Its the first IPO from the AKME group who have a good reputation .

Issue is of liquidity but as Ian Cassel says liquidity is not imporatnt but being right is importanty

1 Like

Thanks Vivek, But how to buy such stock, if one decides to, Thanks

like any other stock on bse .its code is ASHFL but the catch is its lot size of 4000 shares

Vivek, i dont see its getting traded at all

sellers is at 35 n buyer at 32.5 .try your luck

Posting after sometime.Holding on to most of the stocks except for Astral on which I fully booked the profit recently.

The recent additions have been

1. Strides Aroclab

2. Control Print

3. VRL Logistics

4. Syngene

5. More of PI industries@520-729

6. More of Avanti Feeds @1660

7. Vidhi Dyestuff

8. Omkar Spec Chem

9. Marksans

10. Garware Wall Ropes

Nearly 75-80% of portfolio is in stocks comprising of Avanti,Shilpa,TCS,Mayur,Repco,Aurobindo,Ajanta,PI,Page,Premco,OCCL,CCL,Kaveri.These are compounders & constitute my core PF IMO.

I hv been trying to invest in quality smallcaps which hv low mktcap vs opp size and can thus be a multibagger hence boosting the PF.

God has been kind & with help of friends here and over last few years these smallcaps invested earlier like Avanti,PFS,Premco,OCCL has given good return. Lets see how this year investment in these smallcaps work out.

Akme I hv taken as my investment in a start up to be looked after few years.LOL

Have booked profit in PFS,Ambika,DHFL,GRUH,welspun Ind etc.

Views invited on these picks.

2 Likes

@Vivek_6954

Hi Vivek

Good to know ur churn, could you also explain your rationale for investment in these companies?

Particularly keen on VRL Logistics (how do u envisage its prospects with GST still a distant dream…), Omkar Speciality and Garware Wall Ropes

Rest could be good calculated bets. If i had to replicate ur investment themes apart from the rest maybe would have chosen Navkar Corp, Astec Lifesciences, Jubilant Lifesciences and Welspun India/ Kitex

Regards
Sreekanth

1 Like