ValuePickr Public Portfolio

Management Q&As have just been concluded at a few companies. Avanti Feeds and Ajanta Pharma stand out.

Avanti Feeds Management Q&A, July 2013

Ajanta Pharma Management Q&A, Aug 2013

Due process of consulting/polling Senior ValuePickrs have been carried out. Following are two reccos that emerged with complete consensus.More Management Q&As are in the offing. However we decided to prioritise/stagger reccos this time in view of current market opportunities.

ValuePickr Long TermPortfolio
Recco Date CMP Recco
Ajanta Pharma (Pre-Bonus) 1 Sep, 2013 764 BUY; Add on declines
ValuePickr Opportunistic Portfolio Recco Date CMP Recco
Avanti Feeds 1 Sep, 2013 205 BUY; Add on declines

Recommendation Guidelines:

Buy, Add on declines: Valuations attractive. Visibility is strong. Better entry points may be available along with general market trends, and should be used for averaging down

As the next round of Management Q&As get completed, we may come out with additional reccos. Please watch this space.

Donald,

I am really very happy at the way Valuepickr is panning out. This is exactly what I had in mind. If all of us can contribute and come out with 8 to 10 stocks which can be part of one’s portfolio, then, in the end our dream of using resources for the common benefit would have been realized.

Young and inexperienced investors will learn how to analyse and draw their own conclusion as to how stocks can be bought based on fundamental analysis. Perhaps we could also throw some technical analysis for those who would like to add it to their armor.

This is better than the desk analyst we have mouthing things in the media. That’s the way to go. My best wishes are always with your team and you.

Tony

[ Avanti

2013 Link: …/…/…/company/avanti-feeds/management-q-a/management-q-a-july-2012 Ajanta

2013 Link: …/…/…/company/ajanta-pharma/management-q-a/management-q-a-august-2013 ](…/…/…/company/avanti-feeds/management-q-a/management-q-a-july-2012)

consensus.More TermPortfolio Recco Date | CMP | Recco

| 764 | Recco Date | CMP | Recco | Avanti Feeds

Buy, Add on declines:

Hello Admin/ Donald,

You mentioned that the views (BUY/HOLDS) will be put up after poll with senior members but it has not happened. I request you to post the views if possible.

Hi Rohit,

2 Buy Reccos - Ajanta Pharma & Avanti Feeds -have already been put out on 1 Sep, 2013 as above.

Please wait for other reccos to come out after Admin Polls. As mentioned before the process laid down is new BUY reccos can only be given after every diligence including Management Q&As are completed.

Some like for Astral Management Q&A got deferred too.

Thanks alot for the response Donald :slight_smile:

Waiting curiously

PI Industries Management Q&A, Sep 2013

Senior ValuePickrs have been consulted. For those with a clear 2-3 year holding horizon, following recommendation is provided.

Recco Date CMP Recco
PI Industries 3 Oct, 2013 150 BUY; Add on declines

Buy, Add on declines: Valuations attractive. Visibility is strong. Better entry points may be available along with general market trends, and should be used for averaging down

Poly Medicure Management Q&A, Sep 2013

Senior ValuePickrs have been consulted. For those with a clear 2-3 year holding horizon, following recommendation is provided.

Recco Date CMP Recco
Poly Medicure 4 Oct, 2013 242 BUY; Add on declines

Donald,

What about Kaveri Seeds? Is the plan to re-recommend every stock that was previously guided in the long term portfolio? Just wondering the process being followed here.

Thanks

Dear Prasanna,

Process followed is simple.

1). Based on current understanding of a business/attractiveness, Donald & Team prioritises meeting Management/visiting plants/dealers & distributors as possible - post copious desk-research contributed by ValuePickr Community.

2). Management Q&A/Field Visit reports, etc. is published, for perusal by the community

3). If prima-facie business appears attractive for additional allocations/fresh inclusion in Long Term/Opportunistic Portfolio - a discussion is initiated among Senior ValuePickrs - and a poll is conducted by us.

4). Reccos are issued accordingly. If it’s an existing business in the Portfolio(s) - this serves as an Update; else its is a new Recco like as in Avanti Feeds

Re: Kaveri, there may be an Update by end Oct/Nov if planned follow-up visits happen

A great initiative by value picker Team.

Thanx a lot.

Dear Donald & Team,

Fantastic work and this helps part time investors like me enormously. I feel I can gain required CONVICTION by myself by diligently going through Stock Story, Management Q&A’s and Threads.

I do understand that the Management Q&A’s have been done on prioritization and availability. However, before going with full guns (throwing in all the available capital) wanted to clarify if there will be furthers Reccos planned/in progress from the rest of Valuepickr portfolio esp. ones like Mayur and Astral. Kindly give us a overview of the plan.

Thanks a ton, Vamsi

Dear Vamsi,

We are glad you find our efforts worthwhile. Yes we do think even folks with full-time jobs have a decent shot at compounding their money easily - provided they spend some time updating themselves through Stock Story, Management Q&As, and the Portfolio Updates provided. Thanks for your vote of confidence, and the encouragement.

Naturally each business in the Portfolio will need updates. Some like Mayur have made it easy now to follow thru Concalls, etc. Astral Q&A got deferred as the CFO had to travel last minute. There may be a Telephonic Q&A scheduled for later.

View/Update on the entire Portfolio has become necessary, but given current schedules/priorities of Team - may become possible only by December 2013. Please bear with us.

Dear Gaurav,

Thanks for the encouragement. This initiative has been ON since last 3 years by the way - ever since this thread was started. To provide an advisory service, keep a public track record and be accountable!

thanks a lot for all thevalue addition and repeated Great work…have been ofimmense help in building conviction and staying put.

Also a quick follow up - Ajanta has gone through a bonus. So I thought it might good to clarify the CMP around which the buy recommendation holds good. Esp. since the price around the reco has been close to the CMP. Just wanted to help avoid some confusion.

Thanks a lot for the great work by the ValuePickr team!

Thanks for the suggestion. Added “Pre-Bonus” in the original recco for records purposes, and easy reference of folks.

Dear Admin,

Would like to give my sincere thanks for creating a wonderful forum for discussion.

I would like to suggest if there is scope to improve the thread (like this one)with the quarterly valuepickr scorecard, a link for management discussion, AR and the detailed discussion thread for the company and a link to remark section which is not relevanant to this thread.

This would help cleanup thread and enable us have a proper clean layout and enrich navigation above all.

Kindly let me know if you think otherwise.

Regards

Supratik

To add above post I would say thread like this should be sticky somewhere. So new comers like me can go first there evaluate different scripts and then go back to relevant posts. Kind of reverse Engineeringâ.

I would really like to congratulate Donald, Ayush, Hitesh, and other senior valuepickrs on your incredible stock picks. I have been following valuepickr only since 3-4 months time, and have had occasion to invest in picks in the valuepickr portfolio only since August. And while partly it is a timing thing, I am just completely overwhelmed by the outperformance of the valuepickr part of my portfolio.

The incredible results declared so far by companies like PI, Avanti and Ajanta in this quarter in a tough economic environment are testimony to the efforts of the valuepickr community and especially the senior guys.

For someone like me who contributes very seldom, and not very usefully at that, but who has certainly taken advantage of the advice on offer here. all I can say that I am very grateful.

Regards
Samir

Dear Samir/Prasanna/Supratik/Vimal and others

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It makes all that effort put in by Team ValuePickr worth the while. Everyone like you is part of this ever-expanding Team!

What started as a dream experiment in collaborative research/investment is growing along nicely and attracting more and more large-hearted open folks like you - folks who are eager to share without any expectation - in whatever capacity possible, learn faster through that process - and find themselves richer in every way!

The ONLY way to keep this amazing run going**(now almost 4 years)**is to bring more people into the loop. If you have benefited, catch hold of other unsuspecting folks and SHOW them that a better-informed way of investing exists - that THERE IS a method to the madness, apparently:). Get them to learn, share and contribute as freely as Team ValuePickr does - that’s essential to retain that EDGE over the average investor in the market!