Udit Portfolio Suggestions

(uditvd) #1

Any suggestions on this portfolio ?

Planning to buy the stocks on dips where I dont have exposure.

Sr No Instrument Sector Avg. cost %Allocation Rationale
1 BAJFINANCE NBFC 2869.5 4% Higher net profit growth than historical averages
2 EDELWEISS NBFC 150.45 4% Good NBFC at lower PE
3 FCONSUMER Retail 37.23181818 6% Strong distribution network of future group, established brands
4 HDFC Bank 1732.05 12% housing push, Quality of book, strong returns
5 HDFCAMC AMC 1171.51 29% Exposure to HDFC mutual fund with liquidity
6 ICICIBANK Bank 311.45 2% housing push, Quality of book, strong returns
7 IGL Oil & Gas 285.85 4% Natural Gas push by govt, operates almost all CNG network in Delhi (33% of the indian CNG stations), owns stake in MGL (30% of the indian CNG stations)
8 INFY IT 1384.1 8% Leading IT company
9 MARUTI Auto 8844.9 24% Low 4 wh penetration in the country, market leader, nexa & partnership with toyota to cross the mid range band
10 YESBANK Bank 218.79 8% Attractive valuation at this level
11 Ashok Leyland Auto 0% pick up in infra (bharatmala, DMIC, ports) and mining will drive CV growth, also prebuying for BS IV
12 Britannia FMCG 0% Market leader in descritionary spending, increasing offerings, rural penetration, higher PCI, consumption story
13 Havells FMCD 0% Strong FMCD company with Loyd and Havells brand, penetration of gyser, fridge, air purifiers, appliances will increase in tier II cities
14 TCS IT 0% Leading IT company
15 HUL FMCG 0% Rural penetration, higher PCI, consumption story
16 BAJAJFINSERV NBFC 0% Had attended a presentation from company CXO, about how they are innovating to cross sell
17 ACC Cement 0% Infra, housing push will drive the demand
18 DMART Retail 0% Business model, penetration of retail spend in india, able management
19 RELIANCE Oil & Gas 0% leading Oil & Gas company with NCI complexity of 14 one of the highest in the world, will continue to export refined petrochemical products
100%

(Dinesh Sairam) #2

Hi Udit,

It is general practice to also provide your conviction and reasoning for investing in each of these stocks, so that the much required perspective is clear to the reviewers. Kindly edit your post and add in this detail.

Welcome to ValuePickr, by the way.

(uditvd) #3

Thanks a lot Dinesh.

I have updated my rationale against each stock. Please give your view.

(Dinesh Sairam) #4

I notice that several of your picks have a weight below 1%. I personally don’t think that’s very helpful. As in, if any of those stocks went 10x in a decade, the net effect on your portfolio would only be a 10% increase.

Have you thought about consolidating your holdings? If not, I’d love to hear why you’ve allocated your capital this way.

(uditvd) #5

Generally my underlining theme is consumption led growth

1. FMCG & Retail - penetration, increasing portfolio
  2. Banks - Inclusion, Homes
  3. Cement - infra, housing
  4. Auto - again penetration & increasing income, aspirations

I am following market from a couple of years but didn’t really have money to invest. Now that i have money to invest, I am investing in good companies in these sectors (aligned with my theme) when I these stocks are available at attractive prices.

That is why some of the stocks have even 0% allocation, I am tracking them but waiting for a good price point to enter. :slight_smile:

(Gururaj Ainapur) #6

How to arrive at the buying price, I am novice to share Market, how to analyze under priced or over priced

(Bhaskar Jain) #7

GAIL which is the promoter of IGL holds around 30% in MGL. You cannot say that IGL holds 30% in MGL.
BTW good selection of stocks, all the best.