Top picks please give your views

Below is the list of top picks…will give reasons for choosing the same in next post,…

1.Munjal Showa.

2.Sandesh Ltd.

3.Gujrat State Petronet Ltd. or Gujrat Industries Power Company.

4.Essar Ports.

5.Hindustan Media Ventures.

is this a marketing initiative …that you are giving teaser … and more to follow? If you don’t have time then probably you can post everything in the next post.

Munjal Showa: Growth potential with long list prestigious clients ,good Management quality,focus on quality of products,efficacy of operations,continuously increasing profit,attractive valuations.

Conviction:8.5 out of 10.

Valuation: 9 out of 10

Sandesh Limited:in the regional print media industry,can increase penetration in semi-urban and rural areas,enjoys regional franchise,with growth in advertising profit may increase.

Conviction:7.5 out of 10

Valuation:9 out of 10

Gujrat State Petronet limited: has huge opportunities if merged with Gujrat Gas another very good company.

Conviction:8 out of 10

valuation:8 out of 10

Essar ports:Indias second largest private sector port.With the turn around of the shipping industry worldwide profit and price may go up.

Conviction:7.5 out of 10

valuation:8 out of10

Hindustan Media Ventures:Second largest read daily in country.Spread accross the hindi belt.Good Growth potential & management quality.

Conviction:8.5 out of 10

Valuation :7.5 out of 10

Don’t tell me what to do…if you don’t like it… don’t read…no need to to be sarcastic orjudgmental!

I feel sorry for the way this thread has been started. It seems like the person who has started this thread, has a personal agenda to advertise his portfolio. Strongly oppose this behavior on a place like valuepickr.

is this a marketing initiative …that you are giving teaser … and more to follow? If you don’t have time then probably you can post everything in the next post.

orjudgmental!

Problem is we need to go and read the thread as to what is written. Once we go there and find that only the names are mention with no details about why/how/what then it is a wastage of time. Moreover it doesn’t add any value. I can open a thread, listing out 5-6 stock… a genuine VP follower will try to read all the threads and when he goes there and read… its waste of time…So its basic expectation that posts provide some meaningful information not just the names…

Very arrogant reply to the objection taken by Pankaj. Such behaviour is not encouraged.

@Growth&QualityInvestor

I feel It would make more sense if you provide rationale for your investment in more detail. It would also fetch more comments from fellow boarders and allow for a healthy discussion. Following are my comments…

1.Munjal Showa.

Agree with you. Fair business run by a good management available at very good price. Fantastic numbers. Going forward should provide good returns.

2.Sandesh Ltd.

I don’t feel it’s worth investment. It doesn’t have major competitive advantage and I think It’s 3rd player in Gujarat.

3.Gujrat State Petronet Ltd. or Gujrat Industries Power Company.

Good company. only issue is it’s govt owned so potential is capped.

4.Essar Ports.

Not tracking it.

5.Hindustan Media Ventures.

Agree with you. Very good business run by a good management available at a fair price. Going forward should provide very good returns.