I am Tarun Deep Singh. A medical student based in Delhi.
Have been trying to learn about the equity markets since the past few months.
have no guidance either from family or any friend.
Discovering VP has been as good as picking a multibagger stock.
have been amazed as usual about the extensive research done here by the seniors in the business.
sometimes i wonder, does the company know about themselves as profoundly as the members at VP do?
Coming to the objective:
i wish to build a long term portfolio & since most of what little i know is because of VP so would like to get it critiqued by you. I have invested in some of them & plan to buy the others as the opportunity arises. i want to build a portfolio where i can buy stocks monthly as SIP while some large caps or over valued stocks when an opportunity arises.
Request to respected seniors & fellow brethren- To identify any value traps, blunders or similar stocks which dont add value
Focus on Asset Allocation & Fundamental analysis
as i am new in the market most of the stocks have been discovered but nevertheless here it goes:
Auto & Auto Ancillaries (25%)
- Jamna Auto -(improving fundamentals)
- Amara Raja Batteries (Stable growth)
- TVS Srichakra - (Value buy)
- VST Tillers - (Belief in India is a agriculture story, good promoters)
- Eicher Motors (To be bought if i get an opportunity)
- ITC - (steady compounder, has widening moat)
- VST Industries - (read a write-up on it by Prof. Bakshi, High dividend stock)
- Aurobindo Pharma - (Steady compounder, ROE >25%)
- Alembic Pharma - (growing company)
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research (Lot of research going on & many drugs in Phase 3 trial, support of Sun Pharma team)
- NGL Fine chem - (tracking position, company with decent numbers, niche stock with focus on vet medicines)
- Sonata Software (_go to know about it in @hitesh2710 sir’s thread, not invested yet _)
- Tata Elxsi (Good numbers, a TATA company)
- GRUH finance - (Not bought yet, overvalued but steady compounder)
- Arman Financial
- Capital First
- Satin Creditcare (Major company operating in the North)
- City Union Bank (Well managed bank in a particular area ie Tamil Nadu)
Industries & Chemicals (15%)
- FInolex Cables (steady compounder)
- Srikalahasthi Pipes (Niche company with value proposition)
- National fittings - (a very unique company, liked what it does, decent growth)
- Ratnamani Metals - (showing good compounding with good promoters)
- Kajaria ceramics - half of India is yet to make a home, good numbers as well
- Mahanagar Gas (Switch to natural gas is growing, decent growth, caters to Bombay)
- Avanti Feeds (although late to know about it, but still i guess it has juice, conviction buy as most VPers own it)
Scrolling this list please recall your first days trying to learn about the market.
i know this is full of flaws and immaturity but if yu can even contribute a single thought about it ill be obliged.
Please Help me reduce these to around 16-17.
thank you all th VPers & it’s founders where i could get an opportunity to learn & share my learnings. I am indebted.