Sunteck Realty - Quality Real Estate Company

Based on my understanding It has an inventory of 2100 crores which has a margin for nearly 40% to 50% which translate to 1000 crores. The ODC project if i heard right will have a top line of 10000 crores over the years and assuming a lower margin of 20% could translate to 2000 crores. Company has good debt equity ratio.So it all depends on sales and execution over 3-4 years. Promoters have also invested with a lock in of one year.

disc: Invested.

I am a newbie here. can you please explain this statement - “Promoters have also invested with a lock in of one year.”

Recently Sunteck did a QIP where even the promoters participated in the QIP.

1 Like

3.8% equity changed hands yesterday :point_down:

IMPORTANT !!!
http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/27bcba16-965e-48d3-afd7-9634c5ba7dc2.pdf

Realty sector still not seeing vibrating -

May be crash in equity market could fuel realty investment !

The beauty of statistics and numbers is from which lens you look at it. What if I say similar things happened in other industries which led to bankrupcy of many players leading to supply constraints followed by okaish demand revival leading to better days for survivors :slight_smile: my view is this sector is undergoing huge huge consolidation. There is a bloodbath going where 60-70 percent of players ( read those who got in just due to greed or political black money ) and can’t even manage working capital as they never bothered to create brand , focus on execution are going to get wiped off. The survivors who have genes to survive ( read strong balance sheet, execution n customer satisfaction mindset ) will see a good long term future . All said and done , real estate sector is cyclic one n when cycle turns ,the best of best also goes through tough time and hence it’s not a big and forget business . Entry n exit both need intelligent timing

2 Likes

Stellar Q3 results reported by Sunteck:

But future does not look very bright

Disclosure - not invested, watching

If you look into realty stocks, most of stocks re-rated in PE terms but non of the company has good sales booking growth and collection growth inline with PE growth!
Caution - company booking revenue on pre-sales (New booking) and does not have good collection might get corrected once people loose hope!

Please find below link for investor presentation for Q3:

http://www.sunteckindia.com/pdf/financial/2018/results-presentation-q3.pdf

1 Like

Margins are very good

1 Like

Results are encouraging as is self evident. 42% YOY increase in Pre sales (new bookings)is more heartening to see.

Discl: Invested

Getting hit by debt crisis -
Raising money at 9.25% interest rate (5th Oct 2018)

Earlier was on 20th July, 2018 at 8.40%

Within three month significant rise in interest rate.If real estate inventory does not improve sell velocity, rise in interest rate will definitely impact balance sheet of real estate companies in a big way

1 Like

Q2 Results are out.

Top line contracted but margins have expanded. Would like to know what the forum members think.

1 Like

Can some guide me to how to value real estate stock , I feel it is quite challenging than normal business?

Since the Covid outbreak, I was keeping a close eye on Real Estate cos, but I was very fearful as to which co to ponder upon, finally through this thread I can start somewhere now…

1 Like

After the impact of Covid 19 on the real estate industry, it would be great if re-evaluation of Sunteck is made. Anyone?