Sugar Cycles: 7-8 years of losses followed by 2-3 years of super gains!

Any idea why Balrampur is falling suddenly. Any update on the results ??

Mehnaz, Balrampur below 115 now, time to get out and book profit ?

I am not selling any of my sugar stocks…atleast till another one year…I have been using all these supports to incrementally keep building up my sugar stocks portfolio…

But if you want you can sell balrampur and buy it again at lower levels or when it again goes above the support line.

1 Like

The following stocks are at or around their support zones and may turnaround if it closes in the green for one to two days…

Balrampur
KCP sugar
Kesar Enterprises
Oudh
Dalmia sugar

Even the lower circuit of Ugar may be released after touchng the LC.

Balrampur may even touch 107 /108 and the recover…that would be a good buying opportunity.

2 Likes

Spectacular results by Balrampur. Profits up YOY as well as QOQ. Also a div of Rs 3.5 declared. Long term debt reduced by 145cr this qtr . 19 lakh quintals sold and about 39 lakh quintals in stock.

2 Likes

Very impressive…dividend reflects the confidence in the Management about the sustainability of the future profitability. Full year dividend could be in the range of Rs 6.00 to 7.00 implying a dividend yield of 6%.

Disco: Invested at lower levels and adding more.

1 Like

First quarter profit is 110 crores…Balrampur is set on course to reap a full year profit of around 550 crores…or maybe even 600 crores if sugar price rises even by 1 more rupee from hereon…2-3 rupees rise in sugar pricr will take the full year profit to around 700 crores…

As i have been saying…investors need to buy Balrampur around the support levels…and today the stock is expected to bounce from the support level and will give good entry price to retail investors

2 Likes

Dear Mehanz, I am holding Balrampur @115, but I am getting bit jittery looking at price action. Even a good result and a good dividend is failing to move the stock, is it wise to move and save whatever one can?

Umangji; riding the sugar upcycle is like riding a rodeo bull…it will try its utmost to throw you off…

Result is good…good dividend is declared…debt is being repaid…management has indicated that going forward they expect sugar prices to remain firm…even the govt accepts that there will be a fall in sugar production in the next year.

So why do you want to sell Balrampur now? Which other stock / sector now has this kind of positive prospects.

5 Likes

Yesterday news on sugar suggests that exchange can ban the sugars contract as the futures price has risen in a very rapid way and is having an effect on the spot prices. Please refer to yesterday’s article in economic times.

As per technicals, short term trend in sugar stocks is steeply down…Barring Balrampur, no other sugar stock has even attempted a price recovery. Its good that its a short week after independance day…

Looks like August will be a down month for sugar stocks…

So guys…happy independance day…and enjoy your long weekend…dont worry about you sugar stocks…its just a technical fall…bullish fundamentals are intact. Bye for now…

4 Likes

True. Happy Independence Day to one and all. It will be good to be away from all the chaos for one more day than usual. Tuesday shall be a new day with a new dawn and hopefully more sweet than the last one week for all sugar stock shareholders.

yes it looks now relief will be when countdown for Q2 begins or from OCt…!!till then consolidation expected

Earlier any bull market theme was known to few analyst, big investors and people close to company circle, but now in the world of whatsapp and knowledge sharing/marketing/pushing world, everyone has got the information how the future is going to pan out, so there is hardly anything left on the table for investor in such theme.

In sugar, inspite of having superior earning potential by way of liquidating inventory, why the stock price is not reflecting the same. While other few stocks have multiplied more than 10x in last 1 year.

Amit

1 Like

Hi friends. Do you think shree renuka or bajaj hind are worth to invest in at cmp considering their debt… How you see them after this quarter results… Will they make the festivals sweeter… Request your views… Thnx

Amit

Hello @Mehnazfatima ji…Hope u r doing well…as per the technical support are on Dwarikesh(256 & 220), the stock price is 254 currently…this is 30% fall from recent high----before the journey from 274 to 279, the stock price did good amount of consolidation in 220 to 270 range and it did not go up with other peers at the same speed(I agree it already became multi fold before that, but in 220-270 area some profit booking happened and it consolidated, so this area should provide some support during this recent down turn)…could u please update on the recent situation of the stock price movement and possible support/direction…

Thanks in advance!!!

Disc: Invested with buying at 305, 369, 377----avg. buy price: 347.

Hafizul: let us see where the support comes for Dwarikesh…the stock will have a series of short price bars near the support level…i will look for a turnaround in my momentu indicator for this…

Superb Results by KM Sugars also. Q1 EPS at 2.9 Rs. Full year they may clock 5+. Stock is at 11.2. May start upward journey again. I see levels of 22-25 by Dec 2016.

1 Like