Selecting a broker

1 Like

They are two generations behind. Started Rs.20 per trade now and some brokers are already offering zero brokerage, some on equity delivery only and some on all segments. To name a few, zerodha, fyers etc are offering only in equity delivery only and brokers like finvasia running ahead all is offering zero brokerage in all segments.

If a broker forms an internal policy with contravenes SEBI regulations and policy of brokers hurts the interest of many investors. What options does investors have? What can investors do?

Kite/Zerodha: Unable to view shares listed on BSE (to be specific, Mangalam Organics) in portfolio. How does one sell a share if it is not visible at all? Sigh!

Update at 9:40AM: Now it’s visible.

1 Like

Axis bank is taking Rs 177 for each contract for PIS account holders…Any other bank who provides less charges for PIS accounts…

Broker client growth from FY 2019 as compared to FY 2018

There has been a tremendous drop in client registration in some broker because of the glitches and freeze ups, while this some brokers are actually thriving with good technology to offer. Here’s the list:

SOURCE: Chittorgarh

Zerodha have nearly 10 lakhs clients finvasia have 3335 clients.
Zerodha with 5 percent growth might have added 50000 new clients and finvasia some 1400 added.

6 Likes

I am not criticizing any broker, just stating the facts, this is due the regular problems faced by zerodha clients, and finvasia is growing just because they are offering good services. Obviously the numbers of clients differ but that’s how businesses grow. You don’t have 10 lakh clients in a day. If you noticed upstox’s gained 44% as well, so this not about who has more number of clients, this is about how traders are giving new brokers a chance and how they are trusting them over marketed names.

https://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradezerodha/kite/introducing-gtt-good-till-triggered-orders

1. GTC (Good Till Cancelled) orders are orders that are valid until cancelled. They are most commonly used for placing long term stoploss and target orders.
  2. A GTT is valid for a maximum of 1 year from when it is placed. At the end of 1 year, it will be cancelled and will need to be re-created if necessary.
  3. GTT is absolutely free of charge to use for the next 3 months, after which, we’ll announce pricing.
1 Like

Zerodha published this article yesterday on Yes Bank on behaviour of retail clients. Pretty useful article but after reading it I am having lot of questions on data confidentiality. Am I only one having these concerns (as I also invested in Yes Bank :slight_smile:) ? Do all brokers run these kind of analytics?

1 Like

At least zerodha is sharing the data with stakeholders. Other brokers may just use it and may sell them. As long as client details are not shared, why should we care?

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @Uservijay. Your answer helped me re-reading the article without filters. Its mentioned there why they do the analysis ( text below).

As a part of our risk management strategy, we monitor the aggregate movement holdings and positions across our client base.

1 Like

Here comes another discount broker

https://www.edelweiss.in/our-pricing

2 Likes

Discount brokers era is almost over now and they are joining the league now? Most brokers are following zero commission plans now. Famous brokers of USA have already started working on it like TD ameritrade, Charles Schwab etc and brokers in india are not far behind, brokers like finvasia, wisdom capital are have also taken this step towards zero brokerage.

1 Like

Latest one from Bajaj Finance…a game changer …

4 Likes

anyone uses bajaj finserv demat? need feedback before i go and open with them

Let me know if you’ve opened an account with them, I’ve heard about them but don’t see any official website stating the same except KYC account opening process. What I fear about them is their heavy hidden charges like what they did to family’s personal loan, too much hidden fees and interests, that single day my family lost trust to them and move on but I do hope they are not same services as stock broking business. So far we know they charge 500 for subscription plan, just like kotak FIT with 999 a year but my broker finvasia remains none with zero clearing fees

Apart from 500 yearly charges, there is 899 AMC charges, which takes it to 1399 per year.
Also as mentioned by the customer care, zero brokerage is introductory pricing, which may change after 1 year. How much will that be, there is no clarity.

3 Likes

Hello,
I have DMAT a.c with zerodha, icicidirect, Kotak Securities.
I am not happy with Kotak Securities. Sometime when I sell Equity , it takes T+3 days for money to be transferred to Saving a/c. Though My Kotak Bk is linked to my kotak sec. Anyone having Kotak sec facing this issue ?

1 Like

Given the scam which is lately unveiled at Karvy…time to think about the discount brokerages?
will our shares be safe with Zerodha…5paisa and other small brokerages?
Can they sell our shares and siphon off money? or is it good to stay with big ones likes hdfc and icici direct?

2 Likes