Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Ayush and pratyush

Great job done . The screener is a simple and very handy tool . keep up the motivation and the excellent work .

regards

ranvir

Thanks Ayush / Pratyush…

This is a great feature… just like magic.

Thank You Pratysuh and Ayush for this wonderful tool. Way to go!

You have mentioned not to fiddle with the Data sheet. Does that mean one can make changes to all the other sheets? Or is it only the customise sheet that will be considered for new content?

Cheers

Vinod

Congrats! Ayush & Pratyush for the continuing wonderful work in Screener.in

One more thing, if can be incorporated is Half Yearly update of Balance Sheets. All companies generally give their latest BS figures with half yearly results (mostly Sep qtr for majority of Indian companies)

Looking at the March-12 balance sheet may not be relevant anymore. Also having half-year balance sheets of the past will help us compare (YoY)and draw relevant insights (case in point: Kaveri Seeds).

1 Like

Hi Pratyush & Ayush,

I am sure more readers/users will start going ga-ga over this once they start using/adapting “Magic” (as Akbar called it) on a regular basis. I am looking forward to using more.

a) works like a dream - the excel download feature. Nicely formatted too. A big Thanks

b) Notice that Data Sheet/BS does not have CA and CL breakups, but I do see that you have taken the trouble to update the Data Sheet, separately with Debtors & Inventories

Suggestion: (and we are getting greedy here); if possible,

c) Also add entries for Cash & Bank Balances, Short Term Loans & Advances, Other Current Assets from CA

d) also add entries for Payables, Other Current Liabilities, Short-Term Provisions from CL

That way we will have a complete grip on Working Capital; this is a key monitorable for me; also sometimes we need to exclude excess CASH (held temporarily) for meaningful inferences, so the breakup is important for me.

-Donald

Hi Vinod,

You can customize ANYTHING in ALL the other sheets :slight_smile:

(YoY)and Hi Rudra,

I totally agree about the importance of the half yearly balance sheets and would love to integrate it in Screener, however none of the data providers seem to provide the half yearly balance sheets :(.

Amazing one stop shop for everything. it giving everything plus giving the lever to the user to configure the ratios yourself that they track is simply awesome.

Few things that may help us is

1. Displaying share holdings in tabular format in time scale - it will gives us clear figures who is buying or selling. And if we can add pledged holding along with, nothing like it

2. We can have dynamic time frame charts - user can check the price movement of stock in a week / month / quarter / year

Thanks for a ton for giving us this. It is a nicest thing that I have seen in data analysis.

The Ultimate in Personalised Data Service - Screener.in

Screener.inExcel Export/Customisation/Upload feature is sooo amazing! Till today I didn’t know that if I upload back one Excel spreadsheet after personalising the Customisation Sheet (with my pet formula template), then next time whenever I Export Excel for any other company, the Customisation Sheet will be populated automatically using my own Personalised Template.

I guess, I just didn’t pay enough attention when Ayush/Pratyush explained the Customisation feature to me.

This is a great convenience - very well thought out/ultimate personalised service. Now I can have a first good look at any stock idea I want in a jiffy, just the way I am comfortable looking at the numbers. It just takes a minute now for any stock. Sun Pharma, Nestle, ITC - Standalone/Consolidated - whatever you may want - is on the Menu:))and served with all the Love, no Charge!

**Not sure everyone is aware/using this in the way intended.**If you haven’t, please do it NOW. It’s such a great time-saver!! Takes so much headache away!! Zillion thanks to Pratyush/Ayush.

-Donald

Thanks Donald, for highlighting this feature. I used it first time today and it’s really awsome!! saves lot of time.

Most of the caluculation, ratio’s displayed on screener.in are wrong. For instance it is showing Tata Motors P/E near 8.03 whereas it is actually 82.3. I have verified and almost all the ratios given by screener is totally rubbish.

Initially I was excited to see such an application but then as I verified the figures I was really frustrated to see some random figures.

Please test the system before marketing and giving it to public. I have lost money just because of your system giving some random figures, I trusted the figures and invested.

Request other valuepickr members to verify the figures and be cautious while using these kind of amatuer sites

:))

Hahaha,

There is a difference between standalone pe and consolidated pe. Standalone PE is of no use, which is shown in moneycontrol. All we care is consolidated pe. And consolidated pe of Tata Motor is 8.03, and is correctly shown by screener.in.

Please double check your data before making any serious allegations against anyone. It helps big time in long run.

Thanks for the encouragement. Do share your usage experience…we would like to improve the experience further :))

Thanks & Regards,

Ayush

Hi Subhash,

You were kind enough to reply Mr. Anuprem in nice words,i need to learn that.Old saying Naach na aye angan theda perfactly fits here. Ayush must charge ,people don’t value things provided free.

Anuprem, Pratyush/Ayush have given us screener.in which is exceptional and unparalleled.

screener is an excellent tool.

In fact I have invested in MAX India after looking at screener.

I feel the comments of banking sector companies on screener should be different.

**Anuprem, be careful with your words while accusing Ayush for the screener.in **

**They have made such a wonderful screener and are helping us all with free usage. If you find some problems with it, you could have requested Ayush to help or sort out the problem. **

anuprem

Screener as the name should suggest to any level headed man is a screener. It helps you to screen stocks based on certain criteria.

Next step always comes in doing one’s own homework in reading annual reports, balance sheet etc. Screener also guides you to company website and that also should be a part of stock investigation.

I think you must have lost money because of half baked efforts at stock research and are blaming the system.

If you found anything false with data, pl come out with specifics without blaming the system and software.

I guess time to wake up and take responsibilities for one’s own action.

Personally I have found screener to be a wonderful tool for stock research and the data too is pitch perfect.

Great work ayush and pratyush.

keep up the good work.

Anuprem,

Why this haste in coming out with such damaging remarks without even trying to understand which ratio is wrong?

You could have written to Ayush or here in this thread. P/E you mentioned about tata motors has been clarified. Infact I love using the screener for TTM P/E as it is accurate and money-control often given P/E without updating latest quarterly results.

The option to download data allows you to do your own ratio analysis. I have found this option very useful for all my analysis.

It was very naive and unfair on your part to blame some-one else for your investment losses.

Let better sense prevail

Vinod

I couldn’t help but to write here though what ever needs to be said has already been said.

Add to that

screener can becustomizedto a great extent and then thepersonalizedresults it provides isunparalleled. Not only it saves time but allows you to do stuff, you wouldn’t have done before. Thanks Ayush/Pratyush for such a wonderful tool.

Not only that, whatever small issues (few and far in between), I faced, Pratyush was kind and quick enough to help me resolve that as quickly and sincerelyas possible. That shows the kind of commitment they have towards the system and all the investors like us.

All of us are learning here and time spent learning is far more useful thancomplainingandblaming the tools because of lack of effort on our part to use it properly.

Atul

Ayush/Pratyush

There is one functionality i would like to see in screener, you show just top 10peers in comparision table though I havent been able to understand how do you rate them. I have seen companies with highest Market Cap not figuring at all.

Any chance you can place a button there so that if somebody wants the comparision of all the companies in an industry it is readily available, not just the top 10.

Regards,

Krishna.