Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Hi,
1)When does the batch job run for getting the bse links (like Annual Report). I see lot of annual reports link are yet not there.
2)Can i user add them in the server which can be authorized by admin.
3) Can we update a screen by changing the query

Eg NK Industries

New Updated Excel Containg
1…ROIIC (Return on Incremental Investment & Reinvestment Rate

2 Likes

Vinati Organics.xlsx (140.3 KB)

1 Like

Can you please explain significance of this in value investing assessment? I don’t know …would like to learn

1…Warren Buffet used to talk about Return on Incremental Investment . It means returns that businesses generate on additional investments made .
2…Companies need to invest in their business(Operations).If Return generated on this investment is less than Cost of Capital .such type of investments are negative for company.
3…Growth at any cost is wrong. When to seek for Growth and when not can be decided on Roiic.If particular investment generate positive Roiic then and then it is profitable for companies in long term.
http://basehitinvesting.com/calculating-the-return-on-incremental-capital-investments/

2 Likes

Hi @pratyushmittal and others,

Can I create multiple watchlist in screener? If not, it would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks,
Aksh

1 Like

Banks, based on my limited understanding, are showing unusually high ROA’s. I tried checking the numbers for both banking and non-banking companies.

ROA is defined (screener.in) as > Net profit last year on average assets employed.

Below are two examples. Perhaps I am making a mistake somewhere.

Screener ROA = 8.45%

Screener ROA = 7.37%

@pratyushmittal @ayushmit Thanks for the comparison and export to excel tools.:smiley:

1 Like

Hi,
Could we also add trade receivables of previous year??
this will really help :slight_smile:

what is the meaning of a number and an arrow in the left most side of page under : ‘Top Investing Talks’?

Top Investing Talks // Goto Latest Links Add a Link

44 ⇡ Growth On A Platter // businesstoday.in
23 ⇡ What is DVR shares ? // smartniftytrader.com

Hello VPs,

I just came across the “http://x-fin.com/stocks/screener/” website. Website looks good but it doesn’t have indian markets data. I thought it may be helpful in adding value to screener.in.

Regards
Manjunath.C.A

@pratyushmittal

Hi
Is it possible to make the default view of Screener as Consilidated data/results in company home page and in watchlist data like EPS, PE…

Regards

Hi @pratyushmittal

Is it possible for you to provide last 10 years promoter’s SHP pattern in the exported excel sheet.
Promoter’s SHP can be a good start.
Payable data is also helpful. At present we have recievable data

Thanks,
Deepak

In recent launch of The Unusual Billionaires by Saurabh Mukherjea used 10 years data on YOY 10% growth in sales and YOY 15% growth in ROCE for compounding return companies.
Can screener have such filter? CAGR growth filter is there but would like to know filter to find company having YOY sales and ROCE growth consistently for 10 years.

2 Likes

One approximation you could do is use these 4 filter: sales growth of 7years>10, sales growth of 5 years > 10, sales growth of 3 years > 10 and ROCE > 15. If the company is growing its sales consistently at 10% then it must satisfy the above 4 criteria as well. Now to remove those companies which have not given consistent sales growth of 10%, you can download the spreadsheet of companies in which you are interested after applying the above filters and find it in excel.

Warmest regards

3 Likes

Screener.in stop working if conditions grows more than 15-16. Take this as feedback and not negative comment.

@pratyushmittal
@ayushmit

I had a funny incident when I clicked on the hyperlink of company’s website for Transformers and rectifiers Limited on screener.in
It took me to the wikipedia page of Transformers 2007 hollywood movie. Hehe. @ayushmit :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nishantkandoi

I am not developer but the way it works is search google with the company name and redirect to the first result. It’s a nice feature IMHO - as it’s inferred and not derived from a data source. So - it’s entirely dependent on the company name and to some extent how the company use search engine optimization to appear in internet.

2 Likes

As a programmer myself, I looked into this issue and found that its a bug in Screener.in.
This issue should occur for most (not all) companies having “&” symbol (or any other symbol reserved for urls) as part of the company name.

The fix is to ensure that the company name is fully (including the & symbol) “Url Encoded” before generating the company website url.

1 Like

Right.

Any ampersands (&) in the URL should be replaced by %26

1 Like