Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Thanks to Screener and Valuepickr team… Thoroughly impressed… Did not know outside HOLT and Bloo… good screeners existed…
Take Solutions discussion forum in ValuePickr has been immensely helpful…

Few queries for Screener:

1. How can I as an Investor, CFA level II candidate and a small SMA manager in London help make Screener better…
  2. I see there are many screens there… would be ideal if people like myself (users) summarize there rationale of the screen… to help others checking them to develop a better one.
  3. How can I calculate Net Debt in the Screener (Total Debt - Cash & Equivalents)
  4. Where can I check how the parameters CROIC and ROIC are defined in Screener
  5. Is there are a way to undertake horizontal and vertical B/S I/S analysis in Screener
  6. Would love to undertake the DCF and RI analysis… is that something you are working on.

Cheers
Raj

2 Likes

Hi @ayushmit… Hope u doing good…i was wondering why screener restricting peer comparision to only 7 firms in a particular industry?!Whats stopping including all firms from a sector when screening for a particular firm??

Hi. I have been a regular user of screener. It mentions pros. and cons of every stock. So, I have found this one pro feature inter alia called “Company is expected to give good quarter” pretty accurate. Is there any way, I could get list of companies with the same pros? Also, on the same line, it would be very helpful if we can sort stocks on the basis of other pro features as well like “company has reduced debt”.

2 Likes

I love screener.in to screen filter out my initial stocks. How is the PEG ratio calculated here? How is the growth rate calculated? I see a different value from ValueResearchOnline and Screener.in for all the stocks.

@ayushmit @pratyushmittal
The PE of Innovative Tech Park should be 16.24 (Present Price @ 38 & EPS @ 2.34) in Screener.in it is 12.57 ?
Please check

why this website is down most of the times ?
It works only in market hours.

@value_investor Hi Vaibhav, can you please provide a screenshot of the error you get? The website works fine at our end all the time.

1 Like

The website is working now (market hours).
I will post the error message screen shot when I get the error.

Hi Pratyush,
First of all, thanks a lot for helping learners like me with this amazing tool which is best of its kind on Indian stock market.
I have been using for about a month. Sharing my feedback that sometimes the data which screener provide is largely different than that of Moneycontrol; e.g. ROCE for Sharda Crop is 49.16 on Screener against 24.11 on Moneycontrol. CMP/BV ratio for Torrent Pharma is 5.93 against 8.74, ROCE 25.37 against 19.41 for same. PE of Hexaware Tech is 15.90 but same is 19.15 on Moneycontrol. There are few other cases with difference found. Could you pl let me know whether I am looking at this correctly.

@pratyushmittal
I get this error message at odd hours.

Earlier I said that website works only in market hours. BUT it is something different. It works I think from 10 am to 6-7 pm.

any pointer about this issue?

Hi Vaibhav, this might be happening on Windows XP operating system. Can you try accessing the website using http instead of https: http://www.screener.in ?

1 Like

Moneylife will be recording the event and will be available as premium content shared as private video in youtube.

I have already purchased earlier recordings including Dr.Vijay Malik and Prof. Sanjay Bakshi talks.

Awaiting for the video recordings on screener.in

4 Likes

Hi Pratyush,
This resolved the issue for me. BUT I get the issue on windows XP and windows 7 also.
Thanks,
Vaibhav

Hi Pratyush

I am not able to find Creditor Days in Manage quick ratio . Can it be available?

@ayushmit @pratyushmittal Could you please explain where screener got this information about investments from. The Screener says the market value of investments of Menon Bearings is Rs. 902 cr

I could not find any such investments in AR '15. Posting screen shots of both Screener and AR '15 BS below.

Your help in clarifying my doubt would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in Advance.
Abhinav.

Hi @pratyushmittal ,

Could there be a feature to follow posts from specific people, like like we can have “watching” for all udpates on a specific thread :slight_smile:, could we watch specific profiles, so that we get a notification every time they comment on any thread.

Sometimes due to our pre-conceived biases we tend to miss out on some stories/threads. But when smart investors on the forum (to whom we look upto) comment on those threads it’s worth reading those updates to increase our knowledge of the business and how they are thinking about those.

Regards
RajPanda

5 Likes

Screener used to have shareholding pattern (Promoter/DII/FII) over 4-5 years and it was very useful to visualise the changes in shareholding over the years. I don’t see this feature in latest versions. Can we please bring it back?

Thanks,
Rupesh

1 Like

@mfasil can you pls share the link where one can buy these videos

Please send mail to support@moneylife.in you will get the details.