Rudra’s PF and Information attic

You can create you our own ratio in screener. In this case EBITDA Depreciation factor being EBITDA/EBIT

1 Like

@gurramlokesh @Prdnt_investor I am not able to find EBITDA in screener , hence I am composing the formula as
((1*Enterprise Value)/EVEBITDA )/EBIT . Please s correct if I am wrong

I’m not sure sure if time frames match. Is EVEBITDA in screener based on trailing twelve months or last year? EBIT is TTM 12 months while EBIT last year is as it says last financial year’s EBIT.

1 Like

You have to create your own custom ratios. I do not know if there is a way to publish the ones I created.

Here is the methodology I used :

3 Likes

Automating Stock Analysis
I chanced upon a great thread in the portfolio section from @Yogesh_s where he has meticulously shared the automation tools to make a stock analysis faster. Thanks a lot Yogesh for this wonderful thread.

Given how rich (& reliable) a data source screener has become over the years thanks to the benevolence of @ayushmit and @pratyushmittal - it is an obvious choice to combine the power of screener with the narration of charts.

Please find attached the updated template. You can simply import this into your excel tab (www.screener.in/excel) and use this for all stock analysis going forward.

The charts needs to be adapted for Financial companies. Would be great if someone can volunteer for next tasks/improvements and share the updated version with us all.

Happy Investing! & Happy Sharing!

Best Regards,
Rudra Chowdhury

Updated Screener Template (tab “Charts” contains all the charts)
Bharat Rasayan.xlsm (273.8 KB)

Acknowledgements:
The great work from @Donald (as earlier shared on the forum) is captured in the “Customization” tab.

50 Likes

What an awesome sheet! Kudos Rudra.

Thank a lot Rudra. Very excellent template. Will be very useful.

excellent thread

have to learn to use template

1 Like

wonderful data… how is the forecast calculated… This is showing for Dabur… somehow not convicing … image

Hello Parag,
This is just a template to forecast ahead. You have to tweak the levers of growth based on individual businesses to arrive at more meaningful. Hope this helps.

Best,
Rudra

1 Like

I am ready to volunteer for next tasks.

Amazing work !!!
Thnx a lot.

great contribution - thank you

howw can u tell the steps for howw to use the template

Hi rudra ji, can you please let us know how your latest portfolio performance is like. Did you make changes during the last 5 years or was it more of holding on to those companies u had discussed in earlier posts? It would be a good learning to get to know. Thanks in advance!

Hello mahesh ji,

Yes, the portfolio has gone through many changes in terms of constituents. But more than that, I have vastly changed the overall approach. I have tried to jot down the portfolio approach here : http://prdntinvestor.blogspot.com/2018/10/portfolio-construction-position-sizing.html

Hope this helps you as well.

Happy Investing!

Best
Rudra

4 Likes

Hi Rudra,
This is wonderful sheet. I am using this for a long time. Thanks for making it public.
Recently I saw conflict between screener data and your sheet calculation for tata consumer.
Earnings calculated in the sheet.

Earnings in screener

@Prdnt_investor
@ayushmit @pratyushmittal

Excellent session by G. Maran on understanding the current state of Indian Economy.

4 Likes

Thanks to @basumallick da, for such a great free flowing discussion from @hitesh2710 bhai. The idea of multiple mental models was reinforced with some great examples. The technical aspects and softer signals of multibaggers also added a lot of value. Great session.

Here’s a quick reference guide for the 14 fundamental mental models discussed here.
Mental Models Cheat Sheet.pdf (134.6 KB)

11 Likes

A superb session by Mr. Utpal Sheth as he provides a unique perspective on the intricacies of “terminal value” in the context of finance and investment.

5 Likes