RateStar.in - Brand new tool for efficient analysis of stocks

How to do a peer comparison using rate star ?
Boarders, any tool where I can do a peer comparison on every parameter.

@m1hirk, what differentiates RateStar from screener ? Why should any one use it ?

I feel ratestar and screener both are required for good analysis.

Rate star offers several things which are missing in screener.

Things I like:

• Historical PE, PB and EV/EBITDA data ( Though not 100 % accurate in few cases but still serves the purpose)
  • YoY comparison of quarterly results. Including EPS and PAT comparison via which I can gauge the effect of equity dilution
  • Historical data for various financial ratios
  • Top investor investment details
  • Mobile App

Things I wish for :

• TTM data
  • Export to Excel option
  • Some info about how the ratios are calculated on site, I mean which formula is used for these ratios as for several ratios can be calculated/interpreted in different ways and our calculations could differ from ratestar
  • Peer comparison
  • Customize and add ratios as per our requirement
1 Like

It will be nice to have a historical chart preferably histogram of dividend per share something like what moneyworks does.

Hi Mihir, Firstly congratulations for taking the effort to add few more weapons in the hands of investors with this cool website.

Just happened to stop by here -for the first time - to check data for one of the company that I am holding. What I realize is that the search function is not working. So, not able to proceed further.

Hope you will look into this.

Good work done!!!

Tarun

@m1hirk , can you add PEG ratio (price/earnings to growth ratio) as well

This is great site, thank you. PB x PE trend graph will help to see variations of price over a period

@m1hirk, The PE graph for Allsec Technologies is not accurate. It appears to be for standalone earnings. Can you correct it ? Is it the case with all other charts ?

Anyone tried to follow Rating there?
How it got its rating. Is it like credit rating when tough gets going then it gets poor rating but actually it is time to buy? Or it is really very timely?

Fundamental ratings, no matter how perfect they are, cannot be seen in isolation. It should always be Fundamental ratings + Valuations.

The holy grail is in finding companies with great fundamental ratings but cheap valuations. That is where the money will be made.

Hi.
As a beginner I would like to understand financial ratio’s by having my own excel sheet do some analysis, The Annual Results Data on Rate Star website was very good, But I did not see a export to excel hence I have tried to create a simple excel to convert Annual Report data from the Rate Star website to an excel format to do our own analysis.
Rate_Star_Data_Converter.xlsx (34.8 KB)

How to use this excel : Copy the annual results data from the website & paste into ‘Input Data’ tab on Cell D41. While you are copying please ensure that all the rows are expanded. The top table gets populated based on this data.
Note : if the data does not show up correctly then pls update column c on which row to pick up the data from.
In the Summary tab I have tried to show only the key data.
Note : A few observations. The website shows annual results data from 2016 to 2007 Left to right… When I created a chart the data showed up in the same format, We are typically used to seeing data in incremental way… Left to right…previous years to current year… Reading this chart from right to left makes it difficult.

Regards
Bala

I use this to screen top investors in the stock. Also, tax rate applicable on the company is easy to look here.

Financial ratio is another data I see here but I am more interested in TTM ratio which is not available here.

Due to above reason, screener.in the the top screener for me. There I can add my own preferred ratio at dashboard. I can create my own ratio too.

Good effort @rbs1803. Much appreciated.

From where you get that ? U mean tax a company has to pay after incentives, mat credit etc ?

@csteja,
In Annual Results, you see Tax Rate. If you just consider tax paid over years then you know the what roughly tax is paid by the company. For analysis, it is enough! Whatever tax is there for a sector, all pays that. So, only rough estimate is good enough.
Sometime, I check tax rate of few companies in same sector to understand tax applicable to a sector.

Thanks for providing wonderful site.

What Data Source you are using to power ratestar.in ?

Is there any free or cheap data source available to get all three financial statements ?

hi can you kindly inform what is the formula used to calculate Fixed Asset Turnover on ratestar.in.

to my knowledge it should be Sales divided by Net fixed assets. However the ratio shown on the website does not match the calculated value (sales divided by nfa). Maybe its an error in the only 2 cos i checked - haldyn glass and nandan denim.

a section on formulae used for the different ratios will be quite helpful (as an FYI section on the website).

otherwise, a great job.

regards

Mihir

Is there a paid version of ratestar.in with which we can filter based on the ratings - say companies which have a rating of 70/99 and above. I will be interested in it…Pl let me know…

@rvetri You can find the same in StockAxis.in under My StockAxis tab.

Hi Mihir,

Can you pl. reply me how to export the data for analysis ?

Thanks,
Balaji

Hi Mihir,

Congratulations and many thanks for sharing your excellent work , Could you please share is there any provisions for making customised query like we can do in screener or making any customised ratios.

My take

DATA is raw fact unless until it is presented in meaningful form .Than that data became INFORMATION . You have presented the DATA in very interesting way to be useful to the novice investor like me .Just to dig further .any company can cooked their balance sheets .Do you have any check and balanced to ascertain the correctness of DATA that you are using for Charts and spreadsheets .
I may be wrong but what I found and learning in my short span of investing is Management is having greater impact on shaping the growth of the company GODD Mg in GOOD company create excellent results .Good Mgt in BAD business can improve the business ,Bad management in Good Business can lead the company in to Chaos and Finally Bad Mgt. in BAD business can prove to be suckers .

Road ahead for daunting task …for team RateStar

Till now I haven’t came across any tool where I can rate the Management of the company as this may be because if the personal bias of the person who is rating the Management. I don’t know being financial and technologically not so intelligent but a learning fool who sleeps every night by addicting some knowledge to grow .In my Opinion If one can incorporate that feature It can create magic and helping thousands to save the Million not by Investing but by eliminating the chances of Wrong pick of Sucker’s Stock

Thank again for adding value to the to me as individual and to VP community as a whole

Regard
YourRaj

1 Like