RateStar.in - Brand new tool for efficient analysis of stocks

I am having fun with this feature - Page Ind touched a PE of 95.93 on 1st June 2015. I guess sharam ke maare it didnt test 100!

1 Like

Perhaps you go show the rating along with the price movements over time so that one see whether its a good predictor… just like your PE & P/B scale.

1 Like

Ratestar is improving quite rapidly…Great tool guys…Many thanks…

Mihir,
Please provide download and upload facility in excel.

Great tools and have nice features.

1 Like

Dear Mihir,

I have downloaded the Ratestar app on my galaxy note 4, however am getting the message service not available (HTTP error 503).

regards,

Susheel

We were in the process of upgrading our website. Hope the issue is fixed now :slight_smile:
You can mail use the feedback button on www.ratestar.in in case there are specific queries you want us to address. Thanks

@m1hirk

Hi Mihir,

On Rate star, we have got wrong values for ROE and ROCE for many companies. Few that I checked (AR-2016) Pincon, Capital Trust. I did verify my calculation however I maybe missing something.

Could you please have a look into it.

1 Like

This is brilliant. I really liked the PE/EBIDTA graph. Gives a smart snapshot. Will deep dive more and revert :grin:

@m1hirk Thanks for a great tool. Can we have the feature where we can do search based on ratings, sector, mcap etc. Query similar to screener.

It seems Ok. What is the source for investor name, data such as financial etc?

@m1hirk
Please add TTM nos

It is not showing correct data when I used Investor name. For e.g. I used investor name as Ramesh Damani, this RateStart returns just 4 stocks whereas he is holding many other stocks as well.

1 Like

@m1hirk

Hi Mihir, great work, have been using your tool for sometime now. But found it strikingly similar to www.screener.in.
I had a small suggestion, could you please add the levels of std dev. to the PE charts when we look at individual securities. Some thing similar to http://historic-pe-ratio.weebly.com/ . The std dev levels will help a lot investors to value their investments and time the market better.

Thank you!

I liked the way you have presented Balance sheet. It is much detailed when compared to screener.in

Especially the current & non-current liabilities. This also helped in calculating the working capital, also known as Net Current Assets

1 Like

This has become the go-to site for me to get quick overview. Kudos to the team who generated this.

One suggestion - it will be fantastic if the Balance Sheet can include the latest September numbers as well. This will be unique i think, because i have not seen it on any other site.

Regards

Awesome details in Cash Flow statement also. One request though - When can you provide the option to download & upload in excel format. The can be a requirement for customized ratio for different users .

A lot of data errors can be found in the website.
I was going through PPFAS mutual fund and found many misleading results.
They are holding lot of stocks in their portfolio but in ratestar it is only showing ILFS and Noida toll bridge companies as holdings.

I have created a sheet that is a workaround for the lack of an export option in ratestar.

1. select the p&L and balance sheet data of the desired company from ratestar.in
  2. paste in the sheet called “paste data&remove all blanks”
  3. remove all blanks
  4. paste the data in in column D marked in yellow
    Thats it!

Heres the sheet. Hope it is useful.
Ratestarsheet.xlsx (60.8 KB)

2 Likes

@m1hirk Is there anyway you guys can add some keyboard shortcuts? for example “/” for going to the search bar?

Also, add custom ratios on the top for a better glance view of the company?

@m1hirk Thank You very much for creating such a wonderful Product
IF possible kindly add below ratio’s for Banking & NBFC

1)Gross NPA in Annual Results
2)Net NPA in Annual Results
3)Provision in Annual Results

4)Provision Coverage Ratio in Financial Ratio
5)No of Branches/ATM in Financial Ratio
6)Gross NPA % in Financial Ratio
7)Net NPA % in Financial Ratio