Ranvir's Portfolio

Yes bank- 21 % Long term bet

Karur Vysya Bank- 17 % Monitoring its performance closely. Looking out for an improvement going further. If that happens- will also become a long term bet

Bajaj Finance- 11 % Long term bet.

Marico- 9 % Long term bet

Emami- 7 % Long term bet

Torrent Pharma- 10 % Long term bet

Jyothy labratories- 10 % Long term bet- provided the recent uptick in performance continues as the company is up against well entrenched multinationals.

IPCA labratories- 5 % Contrarian bet- Hoping for the best

ITC- 3 % Contrarian bet- Hoping for the best

JB chemicals- 6 % In a wait and watch mode. Let us see how it goes further.

Inviting views from fellow valuepickrs…Open to constructive criticism!!!

7 Likes

Few recent additions include-

Ipca labratories @ 720

Jagran prakshan @ 134( this is a new addition)- Expected revival in domestic print market with the pick up in the economy

Marico @ 320- Increase conviction

Jyothy Labratories @ 240- Due to fall in crude derivatives

JB Chemicals @ 200- Just averaging at lower levels as the fall in stock is due to panic in the Russian economy to which JB Chem expots- i believe it is an overreaction on the part of the market.

a small % of infra, construction, power and/or cement counters…

Super sexy results from YES bank and Bajaj finance. Hoping for the same from the likes of Marico, JLL, KVB and the rest.

1 Like

Added a few more shares of IPCA labratories @ 760. IPCA allocation increased to 7 % of portfolio.

Added a few shares of Godrej Consumer products in the recent market correction. Currently studying about Deepak Fertilizers and Chemicals. A very nice story is brewing up there…about that I am sure…will shortly come out with the story and details.

1 Like

Mostly your selection is good - it also depends upon the price point you have entered. 38% to banks may be large nad in that too karur Vyasa may not be the best bet.

I agree with u Varun. I am hoping for better performance from KVB…it has been testing my patience. About percentage of banks…u r right…im on my to reducing them…not by selling them but by buying others. Hindustan Media Ventures is another one i m studying closely

I think hindustan media ventures is hugely mispriced…given its last 5-6 yr track record, cash on books, management’s clear intent on spending this cash on inorganic growth( being able to enter new territories in this industry is hugely challenging ), high return ratios, easy cash flows, resonable growth etc.

Hi Varun…Im posting my entry prices so as to put things in better perspective…
STOCK AVG ENTRY LEVEL
YES BANK 490
KVB 460
EMAMI 600
MARICO 290
JYOTHY LABS 220
TORRENT PHARMA 870
JB CHEMICALS 225
IPCA LABS 700
JAGRAN PRAKSHAN 135
GCPL 1200
BAJAJ FIN 2980

Disclosure-
Have been continiously increasing my exposure to non banking stocks so as to bring down
my banking exposure. Currently on my radar are- DEEPAK FERTILIZERS AND CHEMICALS
HINDUSTAN MEDIA VENTURES
GCPL( although expensive)
GODREJ INDUSTRIES

Very Good price points in most of them. Look at either city union bank in today’s fall or Shriram City union finance just in case you wish to switch over from karur Vyasa. I believe though I have rights to be proven wrong that DB corp is a much better business run by a very able management and in the right areas. Its valuations are on your side. Nalanda Capital - the most prolific investors I believe in India - I rate them over RJ have huge investments in it. Study it before buying HMV.

IT, Agrochemicals and consumer durables as sector should be there in every portfolio.

HMVL - As long as they do not have a clear cut vision for the cash in the books, the stock will continue to be mispriced. I hold it and it tests your patience. Companies holding huge amounts of cash can be difficult investments.

Bajaj Finance - could accumulate after yesterday’s fall. It had run up too fast.

Generally a good selection.

@ Varun-POINT TAKEN

@satishrajan- The management in their latest concall clearly stated that the cash on books will
be used for acquisitions/inorganic growth. This to my view is a positive.

1 Like

Hi fellow members…are there any lawyers on the forum…need some advise on renting out commercial property…if yes…plz give me ur contact number
THANKS

Ranvir sir, the disclosure of your portfolio is crystal clear. I do hope all our members follow the same in the interest of novice members.

Posting my updated portfolio-
BAJAJ FINANCE- 13%
KVB - 11%
YES BANK - 16%
JYOTHY LABS - 10%
MARICO - 10%
TORRENT PH - 10%
EMAMI - 9%
IPCA LABS - 7%
JB CHEM - 5%
JAGRAN PR - 4%
GODREJ CONS - 2%
ITC - 2%

NEW ADDITIONS- GODREJ CONSUMER PRODUCTS
NO SELLING IN LAST ONE YEAR

No representation of certain good sectors like IT and agrochemicals,
KVB and Jagran prakashan I have doubts over if they deserve a place in such a concentrated portfolio

IT is not represented in my portfolio as I just can not understand IT…its beyond my circle of competence. Not that I understand pharma too well either…but at least the more I read, the more I learn about pharma stocks. But in case of IT, even that doesn’t happen.
I have reasonably good understanding of Banking and FMCG stocks.
As far as agro chemicals are concerned, I would be glad if you can suggest any names.
About KVB and Jagran Prakshan, I’ve also started having my doubts. I think I should wait for another 2-3 quaters to see if there is any uptick in performance.

Fair enough if you don’t understand them then obviously don’t buy them. Good approach. My portfolio is there for you to see the agro chemical names I am invested in. Anyways I don,t think its a good idea to ask someone else. Understanding them first is important.

Hi varun…thanks for ur reply…i only request u to suggest the names and i ll start working on them.