Ramana's portfolio

If you see the portfolio, many of them bought a while ago. I think I bought SHK 6 to 8 months ago, when the price was a little down. Shilpa has been in the portfolio for the last three years, i think, based on analysis at that time. Many of them compounded nicely. The major exits on the way were kaveri , astral, poly pedicure, etc. Please go through my published portfolio changes from last three years in valuepickr.

I reset my cost price of positively performing stocks in my prortfolio to the closing price in July month , so that I am not biased based on past performance of the stocks. The reason for doing it in July is, that when I have created my first portfolio in recent cycle.

Unless I hear major negative news and loose confidence on the management, i donā€™t exit the companies. I donā€™t consider short term concerns are an issue.

I believe many of the companies, have credible management at the helm. Some of the companies have management that may look in experienced, but I think have fire in the bell or doing right things. Some companies are in good business segment (ex. life style, perfumes, pharmacy addressing specific deseases, etc.), should be doing good, unless management messes up.

Hoping for better return by next june/July. Have a great day.

Ujjivan looks interesting. Added tracking position in Ujjivan. Need to spend time for next going thru the available material on the company.

No changes to portfolio.

Cleared FRM Part 1. Preparing for CFA Level 2 for June. It is really an enriching experience preparing and learning so many new things for the exam.

4 Likes

Got lucky due to huge up move of Bank Nifty. Made a good amount of money on bull-call spread on BankNifty. Bought Feb 23 18700 and 19,300 calls before the budget, sold 20,000 Feb 3 and 20,300 Feb 23 calls. Locked in some profits by closing 18,700 and opening 19,400 on long side. We rarely see these kinds of moves in markets, of course, budget days are always exceptions.

Having said this, I believe making consistent decent size profits is more important than making one huge profit occasionally.

Passed my CFA Level 2 exam. I find Level 2 more difficult than Level 1. Planning to appear for CFA Level 3 and FRM part 2 next year.

4 Likes

Congrats Ramanaā€¦! All the best with the next level.

In between, any changes to the portfolio. Any recent additions/ deletions in the near term? Anything looking interesting for long term holdings 5 - 7 years?

Cheers,
Matt

Portfolio changed completely. Entered HEG at 1800 and 2800 levels. Graphite, I think at around 850. Both of them are around 25 % of the portfolio.

Congratulations Ramana for clearing exam.

At last, I am a free man!

Insurance premiums are almost paid off. Insurance proceeds (Jeevan Sreeā€™s) will help providing for sonā€™s education.

Decided to sell two plots. Successful in selling the first one. Will sell the 2nd one and keep the rest for future.

For the apartments which are on loan, rents should take care of EMIā€™s. Rest will help me in cash flow.

Need to spend CFA Level 3 and FRM Part 2. Hopefully, these are the last two exams I will be attempting in my life. Preparation requires a lot of time

Market never cheated me. I am in and out in the last few years due to other commitments. Did not have enough personal funds to invest in recent years. Entered market using real estate proceeds from November 1st week. My wife also started investing.

PC Jewellers is purely for short term. I sold covered call against this position.

As the portfolio is heavy on financials, may buy banknifty puts or sell far out of money calls. Still holding 30 % in cash.

Contrarian bets - Financials & Real Estate stocks
Growth - GMM, NR, Paushak, Vidhi, Graphite, HEG, Avanti
Pharma bets - GMM, Caplin
Short term and 100 % hedged - PC Jewellers
Rest of them tracking positions

Portfolio 10-Nov-2018 (from Nov 2nd week)

ramana%20portfolio

Wifeā€™s portfolio 10-Nov-2018 (from Nov 1st week)

Haritha%20portfolio

Any update on this portfolio, it is almost like year, done any changes or keeping the same, Disc: I have two stocks in this portfolio, NR Agarwal, Rain Industries

hello ramana sir, any update form your side on portfolio? you seem to be liking NR Agrawal

Sorry, I came back to the forum after a long time. Cleared FRM Part 2 recently. Preparing for CFA Level 3. Busy with sonā€™s undergraduate admission in the US. He got admission in Texas A&M University. Came out of market to take care of finances for his studies.

Entered back into market 4 months ago. Presently have GMM, Dixon, HDFC AMC, Paushak, Manappuram, Avanti, Rain, Atul, Balaji Amines, HDFC Life in the portfolio.

Will post detailed portfolio on the weekend.

4 Likes