Rain Industries - An oversold de-leveraging play

Yes, what’s ur point ?

Actually this talk was done on 5th March which is clearly mentioned at the start of the video.

Hi,

How does this impact rain industries? What will be the loss to rain industries
in terms of lawsuit. Is rain industries capable to handle it?

the lawsuit wont stand a chance… if the lawsuit has to be filed then it has to be the municipality and the official who gave permission… but a lot of money would have changed hand for permission and this is a cover up to file a law suit against the company to deflect and cover there deeds… also, there is no way it can be proved.

https://www.metalbulletin.com/Article/3853809/Aluminium/Vedantas-aluminium-primary-foundry-alloy-production-to-increase-tenfold-in-2019.html

Thanks for the attached pdf file, Ashishbhai. Much appreciated.

@nitingregory Can you share some evidence for your following comment?

Interest paid for recent two quarters are 113 Cr and 112 Cr i.e. 225 Cr total in 6 months which is 3% of borrowing amount 7444 Cr as on June 2018. So, annualised interest rate comes out to be 6%. Numbers taken from Screener.

1 Like

Rate of interest must be higher than 6 as the company expanding, there must be some interest capitalisation involved…

Per the last concall transcript (Nov. 2018), average interest rate is 5.3%.

Reading the last few lines here, I get the feeling Pabrai might be looking to lighten his position if given an opportunity.

2 Likes

@Chetanpinto please find snaphot below from annual report.

1 Like
5 Likes

Thanks for link Rangs Kiran. A noob question to all here, What is the best source to track various bonds issued by Rain and their current yield?

Rain Industries bonds are issued outside India, US to be specific. You can track their yields on Finra/Morningstar website.

http://finra-markets.morningstar.com/BondCenter/Default.jsp?part=3

6 Likes

Will this have any positive impact on stock price?

3 Likes

More bad news for Rain Industries
4a2aa6fd-0439-48b0-a762-ffaafed6213e.pdf (73.9 KB)

2 Likes

Views invited from experts

Rain or ACID RAIN or thickening the clouds for heavy Rain Shout up

I have not so long experience in share market and equity investing But sometime I Fear when the People pay the crazy price for the equities and I have also one of them … .It is said the SOONER OR LATER tHE FOOLS and HIS Money IS invited EVERYWHERE

This is my investment Journey in the Rain Industry

31-10-17@ 270 Then add more

17-11-2017@ 346.55 Then add more

20-11-17@300 Then add more

16-01-18b@421 Then add more

02-02-18@339 Then add more

• I am stuck at 305.40 (average) levels and now stock is ticking @ 108.45 loss of massive 64.49% r
  • I am assuming someday it will increase. but nothing is happening expect day by day downwards.
  • What I feel that the company is caught in global environment net. It is trying to resolves issue including in India.
  • Not any company has privilege to pollute society. A case has filed against Rain carbon holdings and Rain Carbon LLC for contaminating the environment
  • Its Irish unit of aluminium is closed down. Unless it opens it will be in lower performance
  • Rain is going down in tandem with all metal stocks as it supplies intermediate to aluminium smelter
  • Rain has lot of debt and market is not liking the same.
    I have made small write up you can locate the same https://yourraj.wordpress.com/2019/02/05/rain-or-acid-rain-or-thickening-the-clouds-for-heavy-rain-shot-up/
    Disc : I am invested in the company and this is not any stock recommendation I am not a SEBI registered Analyst
5 Likes

I read you blog post. In the 2017AR, I see the financial borrowing and cash numbers different from your numbers

1 Like