Portfolio for 2025

Can you please help to understand the rationale behind this and why you have selected Max India over Max Financials?

Max India has negative Profit, negative RoE, low Interest Coverage ratio. It has more receivables than Operating Cash and Net Profit. Also, promotors have pledged more than 70% of their shares.

Thanks.

Any specific reason getting into IDFC bank?

Please go through this news.
Max Healthcare Sale
Apart from above,am hoping that Mr Analjit Singh would gradually get out of Max Bupa as well as from Antara.
Hope this helps.

Merger with Capital first and Mr. Vaidyanathan as the jockey, expect this would create lot of shareholders value in coming years.

1 Like

Added more IDFC First Bank @ 47.20. Now 10% of the portfolio.

1 Like

Luckily 25% holding (of total portfolio) of Godrej Property doing really well.

1 Like

Saregama – Q3 FY19 -excellent results

Total Revenue at 150.64 Cr
93.74 Cr (46.26%) YoY | 138.42 Cr (8.67%) QoQ

YTD 400.34 Crs vs. 240.24 (66.66%)

Net Profit of 12.28 Cr
1.30 Cr (844.68%) YoY | 14.96 Cr (-17.96%) QoQ

YTD profit 35.83 Crs Vs. 9.06 (295.63%)

EPS (in Rs 7.06
0.74 YoY | 8.58 QoQ

YTD EPS: 20.56 Vs. 5.20

Disc :10% in portfolio

3 Likes

However there are corporate governance issues with Sun Pharma

My pick for Next 10 yrs under theme…“growth with value”
AB capital…financial market theme…involved in all facets of financial industry…especially AMC, Insurance, HFC space…could grow at 20%+ for next decade
Adv. enzymes…involved in global enzymes business…huge potential to improve the efficiency of nutritional value chain both human and animal…can grow at 25% easily for next decade
gna axles…40% growth available at peanuts…proxy to automobile industry…can grow at 25% easily for next decade…huge global market…
Kei industries…huge growing player in wiring business…awesome growth for next 10 yrs…can grow at 20% easily for next decade…proxy on housing themes…good management
Sterlite Technologies…data boom player…huge potential…already in 40%+ growth phase…should manage 30%+ for next decade
HDFC AMC…financial theme…should grow at 1.5X AMC industry…SIP would be the next big thin…can grow at 25% easily for next decade…good management…
ICICI pru Life insurance…insurance compounding story…can easily clock 20% + growth for next 2 decades…available at very cheap valuations…PSU to private shift play…LIC to private insurance…huge under penetration.
Edelweiss…financial theme…there ARC business could become huge during this NPA cycle…they are present across the gamut of financial space …currently cheap…can easily grow at 20%+ for next decade
Yes bank…banking theme…available cheap currently…can easily grow at 25%+ for next decade…huge opportunity size…PSU to private shift play…
IGL…Gas theme…huge market …volumes can grow at 10% easily for next decade…less capex required after initial commision…free cash flow generating machine if well managed…can easily grow at 15%+ for next decade…

Any comments???

1 Like

My two cents…
For 10 years, in the automotive segment, I would prefer ‘battery’ (stocks) rather than axles.!

Great picks with AB Capital, Edel, Yes, KEI, ICICI Pru, HDFC AMC, and IGL. I am either in it, or have it on the watch list or traded it in and out and now back in.

ICICI Pru is something that is at the true bottom and now Buffet is in it also, so he must have seen something of an undervaluation.

Yes, Edel and AB are typical NBFC thrown away stock with the bath water, and hence getting in it might have pain, but worth the hold.

KKP

1 Like

Can you pls share some details around his holdings?

This sounds like fake news. In December, there was a rumour floating around that Buffett is buying 10% of Kotak Bank & I don’t think that actually happened.

Fake news is a real pain.

Best news is that I have constantly thinking about my 2025 and 2030 portfolio when I will retire and be cashing out on almost 90% of the individual stocks and going to FD or ETFs or Structured Products (latter might be great by that time). Also, my kids are not that interested in the markets and will be taking the money out of stocks, and into MFs or Managed Accounts at some point also.

KKP Investor

Sir, was going through your portfolio update in December,

Positive :slight_smile: Godrej Property, Gruh, HDFC,Deepak ,ICICI Sec , Maruti have done well and selling Pharma stocks also worked in your favor except Solara
It seems your huge allocation towards Godrej Property must have given you lot of satisfaction.

Negative :
Yes Bank, IBHFL Saregama ,Harita have been very negative while two of them have been real disaster.As you have not updated the portfolio after December, hope you could exit few of these at a loss !

Would like to hear from you as it is more than 10 months since you last updated your portfolio.

1 Like

Hi

Was not active on this forum for the last one and half years due to some business engagements. In the meantime, the portfolio has gone up and down.

Updating my latest portfolio here.

In March, portfolio went down by more than 35%, which was really a bad period. But due to years of experience, remained invested but churned the portfolio a bit as few of the good companies were available at mouth-watering prices…some of the additions in this table are because I could get them at very good prices.

Look forward to your suggestions and views.

3 Likes

Why did you exit HDFC, HDFCAMC and TATAELXSI?

Exited HDFC AMC long back -near to 3400 ( felt that it was overvalued ) . Tata Elxsi and HDFC were difficult calls for me as wanted to put money in Reliance and Bahrat Rasayan -did not have funds , hence made the switch.

4 Likes

Planning to add IGL and JSW Steel . Any red flags ?