PMS Funds - India

In EQ, is it the same stocks for most of the investor or is it that it differs drastically? One will not know but since you mentioned your friend also had account with them.

it differs with time they start the PMS

1 Like

Hi All

Those who are invested in 2Point2 Capital. Could you advise how is the valuation metrics of the companies in your portfolio. Are they reasonably valued

2 Likes

Average PE is around 19, decently priced, few contra bets.

1 Like

This is really helpful. Apart from financials which they’re heavily invested (as 40-50% as few had suggested) any idea what other sectors they focus? I don’t what you to reveal company names, but just to understand their sector focus and approach. Also, is their market cap of companies mostly small caps (<5000crs?) Reason I ask is I need a good PMS that can focus on small caps which is difficult for individual investors to investigate and analyse.

1 Like

Mostly midcaps, 20% small cap, 10% large caps. Sectoral investment overview: http://prntscr.com/ntwoar

2 Likes

Dear SilentObserver,
In my opinion sector breakup of PMS is also confidential and should not be publicly disclosed.
Would recommend to check with 2P2 if you can disclose this info.
Plz ignore if you have already checked with them.

Disc - I am a 2P2 PMS holder.

2 Likes

I think one shouldn’t really worry about valuation metrics. If the stocks they have bought previously are now expensive in their view, they will move on to other bets.
Focus on the fund manager.
In my opinion the biggest challenge in equities in India is avoiding banana peels / huge mistakes resulting in large drawdowns. That is why I went with Amit Mantri, who has shown he knows what to avoid.

Disc - I am a 2p2 PMS client.

2 Likes

what is the performance of your fund managed by him ? are you satisfied?

1 Like

Invested in December.
At a portfolio level, they are up 17%. Equities are up 21-22%, with the return diluted by investment in a liquid mutual fund.
I have not annualized.

Needless to say, extremely happy.

3 Likes

Very impressed by stock selection.

1. of 10 stocks I am fully convinced about 9.
  2. during the worst my portfolio did was down -6-7% which is now above 10% +
  3. less than one transaction 2 months average. So no knee jerks (I hope/ guess)
    Bonus:
  4. I can shoot them a mail and their newsletters are great.
  5. Now with Manpasand CEO in jail and the other frauds they highlighted I am mighty impressed by their scrutiny. All the 5-6 curious cases they highlighted have been proven right. (but that is not a selling point i guess)

But we have to be careful and vigilant at all times.

Invested and adding funds.

4 Likes

Hi
Can you share some light on when you started the PMS and how much they have grown your invested capital?

1 Like

Hi Nishanth, Could you advise when (month/year) did you start your PMS with 2Point2

Can anyone suggests a PMS to me who can / has done better than HDFC Bank / Kotak Mahindra Bank in the last 3-5 years? Please.

1 Like

Has anyone done any comparative study of various PMS performances (especially last 2 yrs)? If so, could you please share the data.

1 Like
1 Like

who is this pms manager … is it porinju?

2 Likes

Yes, and the stock is LEEL electrical.

1 Like

Since i am premium subscriber to Bloomberg Quint Blue, they just recently came out with YTD performance no’s of various Large PMS’s. I wouldn’t be wrong in saying that 90% of the fund managers have underperformed the Benchmarks this year as well.

3 Likes

How are the articles

Is it worth the money
Bloomberg