Piramal Enterprises Ltd

Missed adding it at 1600 due to lack of funds. Currently it looks expensive. Any suggestions on what a good entry point will be given that market is also is at a high?

Cheers
G1

This is a stalwart in words of Peter Lynch! One can add it anytime for long term. Demerger is going to unlock good value in next 3 years. If one wants to speculate and wait for better entry, things can go either way.

My first post in this forum so please correct me if anything is not correct.

I went through the screener page of Piramal and its says “Though the company is reporting regular profits, it is not paying out tax”.

What does it mean? Can a company like Piramal evade the tax authorities, so blatantly?

Piramal OTC business update. Launch of innovative products

DRG unveils new innovation in network meta-analysis -
Healthcare industry leader introduces 3-D network plots - a new software tool to aid the exploration of covariate imbalances and effects in network meta-analysis

Mohnish Pabrai compares Piramal with Berkshire Hathway. When asked about Ajay Piramal he mentions " He is pro-shareholder, he is focussed on maximisation of shareholder returns while following the highest ethics. To see that in India is fantastic. It is wonderful."

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/58590012.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Disclosure - invested for last 2 years

5 Likes

I’m invested too in this stock. I will keep adding whenever I get a chance. I’m big fan of Piramal leadership, a pro-shareholder. The de-merger should unlock huge value for this company

Generally it takes around 3-4 months to acquire housing finance license. Piramal applied for the same in Jan 17. The news for approval is not far according to me. Also with real estate back in limelight cause of RERA , piramals tie up with grade 1 builders in tier 1 market will reap good results. This again reinforces that investing in a dynamic and visionary leadership always pays off.
Regards
Divyansh

Disc: invested from the time of demonetisation

1 Like

Very good results for Piramal Enterprises

in Q4 2017
46% growth in revenues
135% growth in operating profits
61% growth net profit in Net profit

In FY2017
34% growth in revenues
94% growth in operating Profit
38% growth in Net profit

Details can be referred at Uploaded_Presentation_March_2017.pdf (1.0 MB)

Disc: Tracking position initiated today.

1 Like

Awesome consistent results! Please see extract of their press release

Our performance

 Long term - Over a period of 29 years, Piramal Enterprises has delivered revenue CAGR of 24% and net profit CAGR of 29%.

 Medium term - With consistent growth across all three business segments, the Company’s revenues grew at a****CAGR of 29%, while its net profit grew by 62%, in the last five years.

 Near-term - It has consistently improved its revenue and net profit performance over the last 10 quarters,with top-line growth higher than 25% during each of the four quarters. In the last two years, our net profit has grown over 30% in each quarter.

Value creation

 The Company has delivered an annualised return of 30% to its shareholders, one of the very few companies to create such value for its shareholders for around a period of 29 years. Over last 5 years period, the Company has delivered an annualised shareholder return of 47% as compared with 14% return delivered by NIFTY Index.

 The Company has returned over Rs.5,200 Crores (i.e. 1/3rd of our current book value) to its shareholders in form of dividends, special dividends and buyback since the Abbott deal.

 Merely less than Rs. 500 Crores of external capital raised till date.

This is compounding machine like Berkshire Hathway! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Why it’s Return on equity and ROCE s very low ?

Interview from Ajay Piramal on ET Now

FY17:
Fin Services topline doubled
Pharma EBITDA doubled

In the fin svcs biz, GNPA quite low at 0.4%. Loan book grew 87%.

at 45kcr mcap, matter of time before it gets inducted into Nifty.

1 Like

http://m.economictimes.com/markets/expert-view/if-we-get-an-offer-that-we-cannot-refuse-then-we-will-not-hold-on-to-the-investment-ajay-piramal-piramal-enterprises/articleshow/54265146.cms

Bit old but a good interview with Ajay Piramal…

Read this interview in context of Warren Buffet making investing in India(majority Stake), good insights shared by Guy Spier on Buffet and Piramal.
Youtube

The message is that there are lot many family run businesses in India, which could make into Buffet’s watchlist and Piramal is one such firm.

Others I guess are Godrej, Tatas…

2 Likes

Information Management business is a drag on the topline and bottomline of PEL. Won’t be surprised if Ajay Piramal sells it off at the first available opportunity.

1 Like
1 Like

trust Mr. Piramal to dress up the bride beautifully before the swayamvar. Track record seems to suggest that

1 Like