Permanent Magnets

@narendra

I think, if we closely read the MD&A, in AR 2018, 2017, 2016, especially 2018(since we got impressed by the sudden spurt in income and profits from that year in the first place), we will notice, that the management goes gaga over their edge in smart meters and I assume smart meter contributed max to the numbers. Whereas, under EV segment (across all past 3 ARs , its plain data about the EV markets, NITI Aayog 's emphasis on mainstreaming EVs and the fiscal initiatives to such automotive industries). In short, nothing materialistically important to us investors about what product are they coming up with in this regard. (Its not that the company is mentioning anything on EV even in AR, its just some random data on EV market)

Maybe they are still under going R&D for products related to EVs and till nothing substantial comes out they would ( understandably ) not want to share.

I think if one is really keen, then going to the AGM will give a first hand sense of the company and even the management , which is the key to investing in this particular case, where the management is too conservative( ?), or some reliable scuttlebutt (now that’s a good oxymoron) can be of great help.

@sensaptarishi Apologies for writing on this thread about PML.

2 Likes