PC Jewellers

Please find VP Business Quality Template
Kindly correct if I am wrong while filling BQ Template

Note Invested at much Lower Level ( Allocation :smile:VP BUSINESS QUALITY PC JEWELLERS.xlsx (44.1 KB) 15 % Portfolio)

what i am really interested in is the growth in the single showroom. this growth of 15-20% is more on the addition of new stores which will continuously require capital. hence market wont react so well to this form of growth. though i do like the concept of asset light model that PCJ is trying to follow. and its MD is one of the most dynamic people around. he visits each store that has falling sales. but then that is also a negative. he can manage alone only a limited number of stores.

disc- was invested. still tracking for better position

Anyone still following this stock ? The recent rally and fall looks manipulative… Any opinions ?

Q2 results announced …seems to be good

Q2 2018 PAT : Rs 150.6 crores (40.78% growth over Q2 2017)
Q2 2018 EBITDA : Rs 299.2 crores (36.65% growth over Q2 2017)
Q2 2018 Sales : Rs 2,622.3 crores (20.61% growth over Q2 2017)

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/93a2223e-3eb8-4f67-8068-8490c2050194.pdf

Presentation :
http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/64f966d0-8b5e-433d-b6c7-07f62a0a577f.pdf

Here is Motilal Oswal report on PC Jewellers. I am following this stock for a while now.

http://www.motilaloswal.com/site/rreports/HTML/636470239415720583/index.htm

Disc: Not invested. Planning to invest.

In the morning it was a v good opportunity and high volatility. Stock reached 220 levels (approx 54-55% down). I searched for any news , but found nothing. Finally I decided to take the risk and enter at 240 levels. And risk paid off.

Disc : Invested since IPO. Holding small Qty.

1 Like

Has Vakrangee sold the 0.5% stake? If yes, please share source.

Regards
SJ

The management has called for investor con-cal at today 1:30PM to discuss the ongoing fuzz. Anyone who has attended the concal ? pls post the update.

Contrary to reports…I see no bulk deal by vakrangee to sell the shares.

Regards
SJ

Is PC jewellers next Gitanjali Gems in making ???

Disc : bought small qnty today @ 290.

Worth sharing this here. Vankrangee says PCJ as their business partner and even they’ve put on in their investor presentation, but PCJ management is denying it.

Ref: Vakrangee - #107 by spvk1

1 Like

As per IIFL, the key takeaways from conference call today:
Not witnessed any disruption in operations. Expansion plan of stores is on track. Neither received any regulatory notices nor faces any banking issues. It has not defaulted on any of its obligations. Promoter group has not seen any change in stake. Further, there is no intention to reduce stake. No business relationships with Vakrangee, company does not have any investment in Vakrangee. Recent acquisition of ~0.51% stake by Vakrangee in PCJ was done through secondary markets.

2 Likes

Please check the new slide from Vakrangee. PCJ is no longer listed here.

If you compare Vakrangee and PCJ shares traded on 1 & 2nd Feb

Vakrangee - % delivery based volume - On 1st Feb 63% (~ 66 lakh shares) and on 2nd Feb -100% (35 000)
PCJ - % delivery based volume - On 1st Feb 26% (18 lakh) and on 2nd Feb - 5.6% (8 lakh)

hence, more trading activity in PCJ whereas more delivery based activity in Vakrangee

What this concludes ??? Please share your view.

BULK DEAL ALERT:
FIDELITY INVESTMENT TRUST FIDELITY EMERGING MARKETS FUND bought 40,89,175 shares of PC Jewellers Ltd at Rs. 435.93

Could uexplain scuttlebutt means?

Scuttlebut typically means on the ground research. Things like meeting with distributors, suppliers etc etc

I was watching CNBC in the morning , they were discussing why Vakrangee bought PC jwellars shares. Thier was one of the analyst ( I dont remember the name ) to whom when it was asked , did you know why vakrangee bought PC jwellar shares worth approx 100 crores. He sounded v skeptical and said that he knows the reason but can not share publicly on tv. and than he asked to avoid PC jwellar shares also.

I dont understand if he really knew the reason for buying PCJ shares by Vakrangee. Why didnt he disclose it.

Was he intentionally saying this so that they can get PC Jwellar shares at lower prices ? Guys please share your views on it.

There are many reputed jewellery companies and some of them older than PCJ.One name which comes to my mind is TBZ.why is it that its only PCJ going up that fast , while most of the others stagnate as this business has a more or less same margins except Titan.
could you share your views pl?

1 Like