Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd -- OSCL

Once they are able to de-pledge completely :slight_smile:

http://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/stockreach_insidertrade_new.aspx?scripcode=533317&expandable=2

Got it. Thanks.

Hopefully this would be sufficient to depledge the remaining shares.

Further De-pledging reported today for those interested.
http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/fd025b24-eb17-4847-ba52-4ed248534fc2.pdf

3 Likes

So , effectively the promoter holding has come down from 66% + to 41.01 % .One fourth of the company has been sold . At a conservative estimate of current valuations, this is more than 76 cr .Initially , total loan against share pledge was around 58 cr .
As on date, 9% is still pledged . Hope it is logical to assume that around 10 cr of loan against pledge is still outstanding to be released. So, 30cr has been pumped into working capital on a conservative estimate.

2 Likes

I really fail to understand what these people are doing , there is a fire accident in the company and nothing has been reported in the exchange.

Can anyone throw light on how much damage is there as its in marathi I didnt fully understand it.
The communication is very poor from the company !

@Hocuspocus32 Thank you for the update. Somehow, cannot bring myself to give a like to that post :smile: Maybe I will come back and give a like if the stock recovers next year :slight_smile:
On one concern we might have, this will be covered by insurance so no worries there. Luckily there is no loss of life.
On the other concern we might have, they again have luckily a lot of spare capacity that just came online recently so manufacturing will not be impacted as well.
Of course, it will be interesting to watch the stock reaction tomorrow. It usually does not fall below it’s solid resistance of around 145-150.
On another positive note, this is a stock which has so much bad news it is almost juicy.
I think the company will issue a update tomorrow or day after. Yes, they should have done it today but they themselves might not know what to say without assessing it.

perhaps Omkar Chemical and Omkar Speciality Chemicals are different Companies.

1 Like

I cannot fathom why a fire isnt a bad news for the company . Even though the premises would be insured this is rather a big setback for the company as it is already struggling with getting loans approved and facing working capital problems . I can give u just a recent example of Fire at Syngene which led to a sharp fall in the share price even though it was their R&D Centre only + 1 big client left Syngene as a part of the clients business continuity plan. Thing is we need to wait and watch for the company to come out with how much damage has it done to their facilities and to what extent it will affect the company. The companys not having a good time and surely that why you are seeing the stressed out stock price

2 Likes

Just spoke to Mr.Pravin Agarwal and he assured that all units are safe . Apparently the fire caused damage to a plant of another company with a similar name .

6 Likes

Thank you, Kavin. It would have been a huge setback to the company.

1 Like

its seems its another company with the same name, I was unable to get any more info, so It seems I might have Jumped over into assumptions by hearing the name Omkar. Sorry , as @kavinkumarkgm has got confirmation from Mr Pravin , it should be correct that I have misjudged the news.
Maybe because it constitutes a good % of my portfolio .I got carried away.

Long way to go before being a stable Investor :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha. It’s my largest holding as well. Yep. It’s jittering. But lots of fun as well. Most stocks are not this exciting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mr Pravin Agarwal looks quite active in engaging with minority shareholders. Well maybe so since they are getting rid of their shares constantly at prevalent prices and wont like the price crash at this time given demerger news pending for soo long, whether it comes or not is a different story but of course as they said many times they need to de-pledge first.

Discl. Invested earlier, exited after much frustrations with management false promises so pls. take with a pinch of salt :slight_smile:

@giridesh3 hi. Are you still invested in omkar?
I ask because the bulk of the story details was done by you in recent part.

there was news of fire at the plant in marathi newspaper loksatta…trying to get the link.

however, please verify authenticity. its not there anywhere else i think.

the company name mentioned is Omkar Chemicals and Bulk Drugs, which seems to be a different company.

https://www.indiamart.com/omkarchemicalsbulkdrugs/profile.html

not aware of any connection with the listed co.

There you go solid response !

3 Likes

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON 2ND MARCH NCLT HEARING DETAILS.
I was just going through nclt hearing & i found this…Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd. CSP 05-2017 NCLT on 02.03.2017.pdf (2.8 MB)

what does this mean compliance of insolvency and bankruptcy code?