Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd -- OSCL

Girish , I do see promoter stake has come down from 56.18 to 53.09 . If you know reason for stake sale like open market or placement like QIP . Appreciate your help

This stake sell has been discussed adequately above in the posts by members.

To my knowledge, Dolly khanna never gives recommendation. Even her buying is in small quantity to avoid getting reported in Bulk deals. When Qtrly SHP published, that is the time we come to know what is her holding (>1%) in a particular scrip. Pls do not get carried away by the mere name.

I have seen the write up on Omkar on this Dolly Khanna blog. Very good analysis. He has covered all points. Any body who knows something about Rajeev/Dolly Khanna know that this blog cannot be written by him. He need not waste his time on this. Some one is writing this blog anonymously…may be because he is not approved by SEBI to dish out the recommendations or some other reason. We do not know. And it does not mater. The quality of data and his analysis maters.

2 Likes

I have seen dolly khanna blog for the first time.Is it real Dolly khanna?

Guys, lets not descend the spirited discussion we are having here towards discussing weather or not a blog is actually written by another (very famous) investor. Too much time and energy is already wasted on recommendations. Who is buying what, really does not matter, IMHO, as long as we’re not speculating. And if we are, I pity us!!
Lets stay true to the spirit of VP, viz., discussion of parameters which actually separate the wheat from the chaff.

3 Likes

Very rightly said, appreciate your view. If anyone can upload latest Concall transcript

A recent research report published by centrum broking which is available on moneycontrol.com under the stock oriental carbon and chemicals shows that this occl and Omkar are competeters. How’s this possible? Any view?

Disclosure : Invested in both Omkar speciality and occl

Transcript of Q2 Result call

OCCL in rubber chemicals catering to tyre Industry whereas Omkar in API. They r not compititors in that sense. Nocil is the compititor for OCCL.

Anybody had gone through the concall transcript.I went through it and few concerns I feel the company is going through. Unit V production commencement affecting overall capacity utilization…interest costs…selling of promoter holdings…depledging of shares timeline…demerger time line etc…Any viewsn these ?

It is not the real Dolly Khanna …I have checked with DK thru someone who actually knows him. However whoever writes the blog (with profile picture of Shazia Ilmi) has good market knowledge

One more share sale. When can we expect this to stop. If i remember correctly they said they will not go below 51 and now they are very close.

They seem to have 14-15 cr cash on balance sheet according to Q2 numbers. They also have reduced current assets like inventories and receivables, but at the same time, the decline in current liabilities has been more than CA thereby increasing the working capital. They should probably slow down term loan repayment and instead use this cash for depledging, and a small part of that 15 cr cash can also be used since it’s always present on balance sheet.

Omkar Speciality Chemicals gets patent for a molecule

http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/76D50986_D2D0_462E_9196_42BAED586E5C_152643.pdf

Yes, not sure how much money company would able to make… So not sure how value added…

On BTVi, the promoter said something like 8-10 cr from this in 2018.
How we take it is up to us :grinning:

This is 10crores of top line - even assuming a 15% flow through the bottom line , it’s only 1.5 crores. Doesn’t move the needle much but every little thing helps … key monitorable in my opinion in 1. Removal of pledge 2. Q3 3. Update on demerger process

Girish ji - do you have any insight into why Omkar couldn’t get any funding from PE’s ? (esp given HQ in Mumbai , should have access to capital provided everything else in our story is legit)

HQ is in Mumbai? its Badlapur if i am not wrong… and that’s quiet far from proper Mumbai…
(though only 1.5 hr…but still its not proper Mumbai)