Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd -- OSCL

@ v4value - I don’t think so - It’s not badgering, it’s more of a disclosure from the company. We don’t need to talk, a mail to PR would do. As for release of pledge shares, the company has to announce the release one week from the date of transaction, which hasn’t happend, may be we can wait till next week considering the truncated weekend. When i contacted them last week through mail, they said the process is on, may be they wanted to notify exchange before disclosing. Strange that CFO has talked about it !!!

2 Likes

This is the email I received from the company secretary few days ago.

Dear Sir,
In the month of July 2016, we conducted a Conference Call, post the Sale of shares by the promoter. At that time, only the June 2016 shareholding was in public domain wherein the Promoter holding was 56% and an additional 5% as encumbered shares.
In that conference call, we stated that the shareholding, (post sale of shares in July) stood at 58% which included those 5% encumbered shares. This is exactly what is reflected in the September Quarter Shareholding pattern.
The status of the encumbered shares is shown below:– _
_ _
_ _
_ _
_ March-16 June-16 Sept-16

Total Holding (%)* 67.11 61.10 58.01
Encumbered (%) 1.41 4.92 4.92
* Including Encumbered shares
_ _
Trust this addresses your query. Do let us know if you need any further information or clarification.
_ _
Thanks & Best Regards,
_ _
Sunny Pagare
(Company Secretary Dept.)
Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd.
B-34, M.I.D.C, Badlapur (East)
Thane, Maharashtra, India – 421503

Dosen’t it seems that they are trying to be too investor friendly? And by the way, with which listed entity can we compare lasa? Can it be comparable with Hester bio science or venkey as both of them operate in veterinary medicine. I am asking this so that we can have some idea about eps and hence valuations.

Disclosure : forms a significant part of my portfolio.

I think we can compare it with NGL Finechem and Hester.

We can compare Lasa with Sequent Scientific, LGL Fine and Hester Bio. All are in Vet pharma/API sector. Of which Sequent and LGL are direct competitors to Lasa. And Hester is mostly in vaccines.

Does anyone know the Q2 result date.

10 November 2016; Tentatively

Any new -ve development on depledge scenario ?

Depledging is not the main issue … Its more of a distraction really… The main issue is debt . depledging won’t reduce debt… It’ll just change the source of debt from nbfcs to promoters at lower rates … However the best thing is to not even have promoter debt since they can continuosly manipulate rates as per their personal requirements (invested)

1 Like

Dear All,

Any idea why Omkar shares have fallen sharply recently?

There meeting with secured creditors did not go through as some creditors did not show up!!
Link: http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/3AFB2BC3_F6B8_443E_B1E0_759B720D75B3_183646.pdf

Any opinion on this?

Sincerely,
Django

Giridesh3 & chintri sirs: would love to know how you read this.

Thanks!

First of all , I am in no way Sir.:grin: Just call me chintri. And the decrease in share price is with in accordance with the market that is what I think. And as far as the letter that you are talking about was out two or three days back so don’t think that share price has decreased because of that.

And by the way Omkar speciality is a long term story. I have two or three senior advisors who have advised to stay in the stock. So currently just trusting them. But I doubt the credibility of promoter son.

Invested and views are biased.

Girish deshpandeji’s PPT will help a lot to understand Omkar. He is more knowledgable than me in case of Omkar speciality.

1 Like

Does anyone feel that the demerger is being done more for dividing the business between the two sons. … The younger one is an engineer so he gets omkar … Other one is a research based degree guy so he gets lasa?

Heard something similar that the two sons are step brothers & Omkar is bit aggressive & demerger is for the succession plan as mentioned by you . Nothing is substantiated its just the gossip u hear around.

Assuming that both the sons are competent enough in their respective fields … I guess its a good way of dividing the business. Rather than having a fight later

agree, rather than fight like Tata’s or Ambani’s better to replicate Bajaj’s model for division.

@giridesh3 http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/6BF4175A_BA9E_474A_94D5_C8BD57FD3834_080316.pdf report on depledge but can anyone clarify .

can u make sense of this !! http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/6BF4175A_BA9E_474A_94D5_C8BD57FD3834_080316.pdf

Looks like 5.58% shares have been sold and 5.78% released.