Navkar Corporation

Exited my position @ 175 (break even) and was planning to enter at lower levels, however I think that the increase in business from Vapi terminal will be offset by the decrease in business due to DPD services. No further trigger in the stock.

1 Like

You exited on correct time. Mine is down more than 60% even after averaging.

Ashish Kacholia still holding this stock ?

Now this share is trading at 50Rs level, Anyone is monitoring this stock?

Navkar has corrected very sharply today by over 13%.
Any big change in fundamentals?
Requesting views please.
Disclosure: Intend to buy, current holding NIL.

Maybe because of surge in the price of oil after a successful OPEC deal yesterday - https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Oil-Soars-After-OPEC-And-Partners-Reach-Deal.html

navkar 19q2 transcript.pdf (247.2 KB)

The investor meet narrative from the management does not inspire confidence on immediate future growth as per my understanding.

The Vapi terminal might hold some promise. Investor friends may like to add some inputs in case I have missed anything.

Disc: Invested

https://www.ibef.org/blogs/indian-logistics-sector-shining-bright

1 Like

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=186401

2 Likes

CFS players are impacted due to DPD(Direct Port Delivery) policy (govt. Initiative as part of Ease of Doing Business) under this policy shipment is delivered from a port to consignee directly instead of holding it at a CFS. At JNPT the share of DPD has increased from 5.4% in Apr 2016 to 39.2% in March 2018. Source - article on logistics sector - India cement review - Dec 2018.

2 Likes

This Stock is in ASM list. What does it mean?

Looking at the recent depressed valuation of NCL, I had spend some time on it back in January’19. Sharing some interesting findings with everyone. Some serious RED flags.

NCL Report

I did try to get in touch with the company for clarification. The CS directed me towards a newly appointed investor relations firm (probably for more branding to institutional investors) who played the game of cat and mouse. Many of the emails left to CFO were also unanswered.

Disclosure: Low single digit part of portfolio Invested at the time of IPO. Still holding (with biased hopes of some better realization)

6 Likes

Quite deep digging but does this price point worth it. It would’ve been indeed appreciated more at price above 200 by the way this is common nature of market which ignore each flag at bull phase and give too much weight to slight negative in bear phases as of now. Conclusively in this high asset business this would be kept in mind while accumulating above 200

@Swapnil_gangele

I believe and think that it’s not about the price level at all in this company. It just happened that I analysed it at a level where the valuations were really attractive. However, had it been even at a higher price level, my conclusion would have been the same. I will never allow my factual study to get involved with the price level of the company. A company with promoters like this is a bad company any day. And they haven’t done this first time, they were the same 15 years back when they collected public money first time and even now. I see little hope for a change in promoters attitude based on facts.

I somehow agree that the risk of permanently losing your capital at these valuations is really low with the investment property of land parcel that the company is holding (which they have been claiming the value in range of 400-600cr). However, personal time constrains would play a big role here. I can only give few hours on managing my investments. Hence, I would surely call such kind of company a pass which consumes more of my time to analyse and always keeps me on my toes to check red flags, more importantly when I have already found too many.

Individual risk profile is really dependent on the amount of time you can commit to the activity of investment management.

1 Like