Natco Pharma: Focusing On Complex Products

(Krishnendu) #233

(manivannan.g) #235

Natco to disinvest Rs.100Crores to setup Agrochemical Technical and Formulation products plant in Nellore, AP.

(Susindar) #236

Why would a pharma company want to divest in commodified agrochemical business? This stock was in my radar but I will think twice now.

(manivannan.g) #237

If you take Hikal for an example, they does pharma and agrochem. We have to wait for the concall or further update on what sort of agrochemical they are venturing into, before taking any decisions.

(stockcollector) #238

Diworsiefication?

Discl - 15% of my portfolio
No offence intended and not an offensive word (not sure why flagged as offensive by someone)

(Susindar) #239

Did Hikal start as agrochemical and then go in to pharma as it matters a lot. You would expect to get into a commodity business and then graduate to a higher level. But not the other way around. If you do not have any better alternative to use the shareholder funds, it’s better to return as dividend or buyback rather than enter in a business which I am sure will reduce the overall ROE. In my mind a definite diworsification.

(stockcollector) #241

(stockcollector) #242

Excellent stuff from Natco. Ibrutinib is a wonder drug, used in treating certain blood cancers. Not a chemo drug… I am impressed. Patent expiry in 2026, so will have to wait a long time though!

(Sujay Ghosh) #244

Q3 FY2019 Result
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/767a4ceb-31b5-4c9b-bf11-60e8b1d23883.pdf

(Bhaskar Jain) #245

(paresh.sarjani1) #246

Guys… Any idea if Lupin-Natco combo can price it lower than other players in the market. This drug has always had a view of being costlier by all firms. Also a decent market size to capture if priced competitively

(AKGupta) #247

Just started following the company. Has it cancelled the buyback it announced in Nov? Can somebody point me to the background to this Event if it’s true and what was the reason? Seems like a decent company available at a reasonable price. What’s spooking it?

(paresh.sarjani1) #248

Buyback is open market buyback and not tender offer.
And I think its period is already on…till May 2019

(Mohammed Rehan) #249

Doesn’t the immediate 1 to 2 year period look little bleak with no significant launches?