I am a middle aged software professional who is extremely new to the stock markets. Currently along with learning the basics of investing, I am also concentrating on creating a long term portfolio in the stock market. I am going to invest in a staggered approach every month in the following stocks (some of them have been picked after going through existing threads in this forum). The purpose of starting this thread is to have fellow boarders chip in with their views and suggestions. Hence kindly guide :
- Hdfc ( Long term holding in finance, rock solid stable)
- Hdfc bank (Best Bank as per me…will provide stable returns over the next many years)
- Bajaj finance (great growth story so far…expecting NBFC business to give good returns in next few years)
- Piramal enterprises (excellent leadership and value unlocking due to demerger)
- Balmer Lawrie (defensive bet with good dividend payout)
- Transpek (budding multibagger?)
- Wim plast (fundamentally good, banking on plastic industry growth)
- Jagran prakashan (based on Hitesh sir’s analysis that company may demerge the radio business)
- TCS (my preferred IT stock)
- Larsen and toubro (infra bet)
- Rotating short term capital (currently invested in geecee ventures)
All stocks except the last one are for long term. The last entry is short term rotating capital in some opportunistic quick gain stock. I have tried to fit in large, small and midcaps to get a balance of growth and stability.
As I have mentioned, since I am extremely new to markets, there may be obvious errors in my choices which I am looking forward to correct based on fellow boarders suggestions.