Meghmani Organics Ltd

This is the video posted by Mr. Ravinder discussing about recent managerial turmoil in Meghmani:

What is your opinion after watching this video, i’m not able to make a value judgement.

Kindly share your comments after viewing.

Hi Bharat,
Meghmani organics is continuously falling as investor are not showing any interest after their unethical work .I am expecting the co to post good result and their expansion is also getting completed soon . i am holding this co just because i have a large allocation but i am not happy with the management’s unethical work and i want to exit as soon as it reach my buying price. are you still holding and will investor shows any confidence if they post good result in q3 or its better to book loss ?

thanks,
bikram

second biggest allocation from my portfolio. Initially I was looking to average to reduce my buy price, but after such act from management…I am not going to increase my stake. However in present scenario, I will maintain hold status till my buying price comes.

I do not like the act of management specially Ashish Soparkar…the way he is talking during one of interviews…but my gut feelings says …Patience will be key here for better stock price in 1.5-2 years as most of the expansion plans are in line and will come in next 2 years.

Revenue and EBITA margins will increase in next 1.5-2 years that will certainly increase the stock price. This is my conviction.

One important trait of good investors is “One must cut a mistake, as soon as one realizes it, irrespective of price, or whether one is in profit or loss”.

Many investors are averse to taking losses and stay in hope despite realizing that it’s a mistake (the mistake could be because of any factors such as business performance, disruption, management distrust, grossly overpaying for the asset, and so on).

Always remember, “When in doubt, be out”.

Especially, in these kind of markets, where many other ideas are available at reasonable valuations.

My 2 cents.

15 Likes

What is the point in revenue growth and expansion when it is not going to be shared with minority shareholders. Market will take cognizance of this and mark the price down as appropriate. Management intent is as important as growth if not more.

I think you are absolutely correct. Once we realize the mistake , we should cut that mistake and it may requires some bold decision to rectify the mistake. I was in dilemma that the company will post good results and that to their expansion is going to complete soon. So future looks good in terms of performance.
But at the same time they have cheated the minority shareholders .
I

I think for a novice investor like me, these are the great words and one should not be adverse to take loss. To be an good investor , we have to take tough ,fast and appropriate decision which will benefit us in the long term .
Let me pay some guru dakshina to my stock market :grinning:

Thank you for clearing my doubt and I have understood what next step I have to take not just for this time also for the next many many year when someone try to act smart and try to cheat us interms of corporate governance issue , related party transactions or giving false hope on performance.

2 Likes

Mistakes are a stepping stone to success. The point is to rectify them and try not to make the same mistake again. There is no investor in the world who doesn’t makes mistakes. Just make sure they are smaller and lesser as we go along.

6 Likes

I kept scrolling up 25-30 comments but I could not find what exactly Meghmani Organics did which was unethical to the interests of the minority shareholders? Can someone explain?

The issue had been discussed threadbare in this thread. You have to go thro’ the thread patiently.

1 Like

2018-19 Q3 results

Any updates on conference call.

2018-19 Q3: Presentation

Major fire reported at dahej plant.

1 Like

has anyone contacted the co regarding the extent of the damage and the effect it will have on the numbers?

This fire thing is expected now. It happens every 2-3 years. The typical flow is that whenever results come good for few quarters some fire incident happens and there is an one-time loss :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

One of the promoter bought some shared from open market.

1 Like

can you throw some more light on this ? does these things happen periodically ? what are the post incident effect on the results in previous cases ?

Here are the fire incidents:

1. Feb 2011 - a fire broke out in beta blue plant of pigment division of the company’s plant at Panoli in Ankleshwar
  2. In 2013 - a fatal accident took place at agrochemical manufacturing division situated at the above facility due to gas leakage
  3. Apr 2015 - Fire at Dahej chemical unit (although this seemed to be real as there was death of 2 people involved but still see the consistency)
  4. July 2016 - one more fire was reported at its pigment manufacturing plant at Dahej. The company’s regulatory filing stated that it had lost inventory worth Rs22 crore and plant and machinery and buildings worth Rs25 crore due to this fire (this was insured but still I think there was one time loss)

If I remember correctly there were some more fire incidents but I can be wrong. Irrespective of the reasons of fire incidents, a company having so many mishaps is not good in its processes. Every other year they have fire incidents. They also had a corporate governance issue last year with respect to one of its subsidiary which you can read in older posts in this same thread. Nevertheless, its your investment and I would caution you to do due diligence on your part.

6 Likes

Dear virajkhatavkar,
Thanks lot for providing detailed info on accidents (Assuming so :wink:) its quite interesting to know that these incidents are happening on regular basis. question arises on Management capability to prevent these kind mishaps.

You have any info about the extent of damages caused in the last incident ?