Max Ventures – A Unique Demerger Opportunity

Latest Investor Presentation -
https://www.maxvil.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Investor-presentation-June-Latest03-2019.pdf

Agreed I also had added around 42 to 44 and will add as and when resources are avaliable upto price level of 40 to 50 in 6 months time.

Max tower will generate good cash flows ahead

Also capacity addition in packaging will give good results in upcoming quarters
Promoters had invested lot around 60 plus

3X is the possibility in 5 years

When did this happen? I am now begining to lose patience in the future of this share. Also, promotors mentioned they will create another vehicle in Max India for new businesses. What about Max ventures then? How many vehicles these promotors need? Already lost lot of money in Max India…

Scrip now down < 40. Looks like a board meeting happened recently and no information on the purpose / outcome.

Does anyone here know more! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MaxVIL reports strong start to FY20 with improved performance from
Real Estate and Speciality Films Business in Q1
 Consolidated Revenues of Rs. 4,255.25 Mn.
 Consolidated EBITDA of Rs. 566.80 Mn.
 Consolidated PAT of Rs. 248.45 Mn.Q1FY2020.pdf (793.0 KB)

5 Likes

Max Group has gone through few restructuring in the past years. Came across these articles and putting them in chronological order.

An interesting journey by the group with focus on health and insurance.

1 Like

Promoter bought from open market

2 Likes

Q1FY2020 Presentatiaon

1 Like

If any of VP members have reports / studies on BOPP packaging industry, please share. Thanks!

Does anyone know where BOPP stands from a " Single use Plastics perspective " ? Impact on MAXVIL there off ?

Another link on the same - confusion of status of BOPP though the article claims BOPP is 100% recyclable

what people would stop buying consumer goods? :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

the companies will have to evolve

I read some news article and BOPP was listed in banned products. While some other place it’s mentioned BOPP is recyclable and there is confusion about it if affected or not by single plastic ban. Also, couple years back when max ventures invested around 250 cr in capacity addition, they had mentioned that by 2025 all MNC FMCGs target to move to recyclable BOPP. Now is this recyclable BOPP going to be banned? Any idea on this and possible impacts on max ventures. I think if it’s recyclable and not banned then all BOPP manufacturers may benefit or would it be neutral as BOPP is too thin and transparent to be able to replace any of the banned plastic. Thoughts welcome

1 Like

New post

2 Likes

Any other update regarding the company’s functioning? I can see that Promoter entities have bought more than 1 million shares recently…

Good results and good announcements

2 Likes

This quarter results look excellent on all metrics be it revenues, PBT, PAT and Margins. Also, management commentry on growth in subsequent quarters is also very positive. I am not able to understand why the share price not reacting positively, considering it was beaten down last few months also. Can any senior throw some light on what we are unable to see here?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Also, Management has clarified that Single use plastic ban is good for the company in long term as BOPP is multilayered and good for sustainable use. Their supply to Toppan is also going to be ramped up. So, everything seem to be working well for the company in this quarter, except the stock price. Either it is fairly valued now or we do not know something important…

1 Like

The films business should basically be treated as residual business, the mgmt does not plan to grow it any further…the company’s stake in the films business was valued at 210 crore…if one were to remove the sae and the debt on the books of the said entity from the EV of the company…the rest of the business including real estate and investments are trading at distressed valuations. the irony is that in the real estate business the company is buying real estate assets from actual distressed realtors…this looks ridiculously cheap…key monitorable is the company’s ability to generate new lease revenue…
Disc: Invested

2 Likes

Will be keen to know if any of the VP members have valued the company.