Marksans Pharma- Can it be the next Pharma Biggie?

Can’t disclose in a public forum. Thanks

Company has submitted to the Stock exchanges that they have received the communication from the UK MHRA which allows them to continue their exports to UK.

http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=c20dc0c3-835c-4077-9fac-6050dfecf911

Stock has zoomed up!

Stock was hammered on rumors coupled with bad market condition. But now things seem to be falling on track. I think chairman Mr. Mark Saldhana has proved his corporate governance in this case and instills confidence.

ET NOW was the first channel to report UKMHRA Ban citing sources, proving that media is circulating false news and creating panic among investors.

Disc. - Holding from single digit levels and added in current carnage

1 Like

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/pharmaceuticals/marksans-pharma-gets-usfda-nod-for-diabetes-treatment-tablets/articleshow/52074843.cms

Disc - invested.

It is up 11% today… is there any news ?

USFDA approval for Loratadine. But the revenue estimate is still not clear from this.

Any update on this stock? Have the headwinds cleared, or they are still on.
Any broker covering this company

It will vastly depend on coming result . It it is good it may very soon reach to 60 mark but if it is not then I expect more correction though with the USFDA approval and UKMHRA clearance it seems to me a good long term bet.

1 Like

Since 40% of revenue comes from UK, can we expect normalcy in revenue growth from now on and optically it looks expensive but considering the all clear from UK…is it a value buy now?

Any news on how this qtr earnings would be with europe restrictions now removed…anyone having any info

Marksans Pharma Ltd has received the Establishments Inspection Report (EIR) from the US FDA in respect of inspection of the company’s Goa facility carried out from 3rd to 7th April 2017. Moreover, company has received 3 USFDA approval and launched 3 products in US. Additionally, it is expected to file 17 ANDAs and launch 6-12 products by Q3FY18E. Company is expected to set up R&D facility in Navi Mumbai and increase Goa facility’s capacity by 40% by Q3FY18E. We expect revenue CAGR of 15% over FY17-19E. Company is seen lowering its interest outgo and is expected to reduce debt going forward. We expect PAT CAGR of 13% over FY17-19E.

Disclosure:- Invested.

1 Like

Thanks Cavin, how are the revenue growth coming with UK operations started?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/earnings/marksans-pharma-standalone-september-2018-net-sales-at-rs-114-65-crore-up-52-03-q-o-q-3160421.html

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/results/marksans-pharma-consolidated-september-2018-net-sales-at-rs-26904-crore-down-174-qoq_11690041.html

The q4 2020 results are good , considering good progress in 2019 and very low on debt
does it have potential to sustain the growth ?

I’m new to investing and entered with tracking position , looking for reviews someone holding this

1 Like

The results look terrific IMO. good growth in the UK and the US markets.
Australia and NZ doesn’t look bad either.
Looks like they are out of the woods and they sound optimistic on the future prospects as well.

Invested.

2 Likes

Good show continues on all fronts- topline, margins & bottomline.

Q1FY21.pdf (4.0 MB) Investor Presentation.pdf (2.0 MB)

5 Likes

I’m a little surprised why there isn’t enough action on this thread. Anyways I guess that gives me an opportunity to kick-start one :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going in the format of my choice: What I like, and What are my questions.

What I like about the company?

• Spectacular turnaround from a bankrupt company to a Net-Debt free with 118 crores Cash in the books (10% of revenue)
  • Massive YoY basis increases in all financial parameters - ROCE, ROE, PAT, EBITDA etc.
  • Strong presence across the value chain : R&D, manufacture, and Distribution - Quite a nice thing to squeeze out all the margins
  • Multi therapeutic/Multi-country presence eliminates dependencies. Top therapy segments - Pain and Diabetes are evergreen and there will always be demand
  • New product launches in all geographies and some 20 market authorizations are pending approval in the UK.
  • Ambitious target of increasing RoW sales to 10% of total sales.

What are my questions?

• Why the heck doesn’t anyone pick up the phone at the company or investor relations? Seriously there openness to communication is poor at best.
  • What are the products/therapeutic areas they are targeting and what sales potential for them?
  • What is the R&D strategy - Pharma companies live and die by innovation. This is also true for generics as their it is an increasing pressure to increase volumes coz the prices go down periodically.
  • Q1 performance has been beyond the roof. What is particularly interesting is massive increases in Gross margins YoY so I want to understand what has changed here. Have raw material prices gone down? This is inconsistent with the API price increase of Ibuprofen which is one of Marksans main product.

I also ran numbers on my model and the picture seems good for now with the CMP vs. intrinsic value.
Regards,
Uzi

Discl - Invested and waiting to grab more.

15 Likes

Investor relationship officer may be working from home. Try sending them an email.

4 Likes