Mandhana Industries - Demerger

UC today with 12 Lac pending order!! Is the bottom in or is it a false operator driven move to fool more people? I’m inclined to think that latter might be the case.

yes, once bitten twice shy…need to see over few days

This is the grieveces doc of mandhana - http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/134604B8_EE80_423D_89AA_E4AAFFB9A7D8_125021.pdf

Why everything is nil in the doc?
And what drive the price to take U-turn?

Another news : Salman acquitted.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Salman-Khan-acquitted-in-blackbuck-chinkara-poaching-cases/articleshow/53374705.cms

Mandhana reply on CARE rating…Dt. 22.July.2016

Reply_Mandhana.pdf (19.3 KB)

Whats the take away ?

I’ve seen a similar price action story unfold in Sudar Industries. A massive correction, LCs daily and circuit opened up to hit UCs for 2-3 days. After trapping many more, the LCs resumed and eroded about 97% of the total MCap.

On the flip side, Volume is huge (31Lacs). Would need to see how much goes to delivery. If delivery occurs, maybe the U-Turn was genuine after all.

Once the pledge shares are sold in the open market, the promoters lose interest in the company as their holding comes down sharply, and then all kind of malpractices starts.

Today bulk deal in BSE…the guy seems taken carry over delivery of 50K shares.

1 Like

3 days of back to back UC. Looks like the market is responding to Salman’s acquittal in the Chinkara case.

I’m surprised the market is giving this much weightage to Salman’s reputation and life events. Being Human won’t shut down even if Salman goes to jail. Rather I doubt the buyers (Salman fans) of Being Human clothing will actually care. The uproar about Salman drink-and-drive case didn’t stop his films from breaking box office records and same goes for Being Human.

So why is there such an extreme reaction to Being Human segment?

This might be there already in the thread already but I’ll just like to refresh the memory of investors:

1. Being Human (retail) added 10-15 to consol sales. EBITDA margin - 25%
  2. The textile division exports to H&M, Marks & Spencers, Abercrombie & Fitch and Banana Republic. EBITDA - 14%
  3. Mandhana had Being Human rights till 2020 in the original agreement. Under the agreement, Mandhana got 5% of sales as royalty.
  4. Debt as on Mar '16 of 847 cr against PAT of 57 cr.

Let’s take some broad numbers.

FY15 sales: 1685 cr
Textile sales (85%): 1432 cr
OP @ 14%: 200cr
Interest and depreciation: 152 cr
NP before tax: 48 cr
NP after tax: 31.16 cr

Number of shares o/s: 3.31cr

EPS: 10
Industry EPS (assumed but looks reasonable): 15
CMP: 59

I’ve still no clue what is the fuss around being human!

Sources:
Screener
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/mandhana-industries-without-being-human-retail-business-may-pose-a-few-risks-to-investors/articleshow/52859927.cms

@aashish2137
If this is the case Ashish then most possibly Mandhana Ind will again lock at LC tomorrow.

Read the full story :-

I get your point and this news was out today morning itself but it didn’t impact the stock price.

Probably the court has already acquitted Salman and the driver’s testimony is no longer considered reliable?

Another week, another UC. Stock story is still a mystery. I had started my staggered purchase of Mandhana around 51 and the next day it reversed it’s circuit direction :mask:

Mandhana Industries Ltd has informed BSE regarding “Updates on Agreement with ‘Being Human - The Salman Khan Foundation’.”

http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/873A3147_1FB3_4EBF_9114_6512BCEC9C6F_082227.PDF

Agreement has been finalised and executed! Exclusive license continues.

what is the value added for the existing shareholders from de-merger ?
what happens in case of mandhana de-merger

Am I right on below ?

• The Finance Companies with whom the shares pledged and Invocation, eligible to get Mandhana Retail Venture ( MRVL ) after Record Date ?
  • If not, then the MRVL will be very clean with no pledged shares and ( I believe ) low debit ?

In summary, the Mandhana will carry high debt, Default credit rating and highest pledged shares and MRVL may be free of above ! So the same promoters will be rich in one company ( If Being Human perform well as expected ) and poor in other.

When the share price touched around 50 from 70…no pledges shares selling from Finance companies but today there was a selling of pledged ( Invocation shares ) in the open market when the price at 116. Is it because of Month end obligation ? I was relieved when no huge selling after 70 to 50 to 116. But today that record is broken.

Regarding MRVL, I believe Salman Khan might have set right some of internal issues before signing the new contract apart from financial ( I did come across some dress material poor quality online complaints ). He seems very aggressive on building ‘Being Human’ brand. They are next into Jewelry ( Not thru Mandhana ! ).

Anyway, the soon the record date is fixed, big relief for retail investors like me so that can have peace from current volatility and uncertainty ! ( Sept 6th is the board meeting for fixing the Record date for demerger ).

I do expect the June result may be junk for Mandhana Industries Ltd.

Disc : Invested at 315…did exit at 50…re-entered at 106 after Being Human contract sign and Record Date visibility.

The wait is finally over.

The record date for Demerger is 23.Sept.2016. A big relief.

What is the source? I am not able to find In BSE announcements.

RD_MANDHANA.pdf (104.1 KB)

anyone tracking it…what is the reason behind todays 63% fall in stock price, as record date for demerger is 23 sep and invocation of pledge share was on 18th sep (no price fall noted even after that from 18th to 21st sep).
Dis. Tracking not invested

1 Like