Lupin - Is it the time to buy for long term

Valid point @vasuadiga
I’ve observed discussions abound after significant price action, most are trying post facto to rationalise the price upmove or in this case the down. It’s like an exam where the answer (price) is given and marks are for explaining why the given answer is right. Some guys go to level ‘paranoia’ in their attempts.

1 Like

Even if we discount,today being April 01,and accept this guy’s prophecy (regarding lupin stock) a share holder with 2% holding–liquidating his stock does not make 98% of the company unviable or non competitive.

Disclouse: Not holding but Interested.

My time frame on Lupin is a long term one. I think they have been doing significant spend on the R&D on the disruption that you have been talking about of complex generics and biosiimilars.etc .If you read their annual reports they have been talking about this long back.These will show results over the long term. If 2200( 1 Lac crore) was one end of the extreme and 30000 crore mcap is other end of the extreme.The company faced headwind in terms of pricing and regulatory issue which was hard to for see.

Point to note: This is for Unit 1, Warning Letter was issued to Unit 2

2 Likes

Latest Interview

In case any one have the membership , please share the full content of the article

Actually, no. Membership has a fee, & its ethically & legally wrong to share paid content on a public forum. It is also against the rules of this forum.

3 Likes

All you need to do is spend 5 mins on Google and you will get adequate details of this development. This forum is not for data sharing but insight development IMHO.

FYI Please -

http://www.lupin.com/biotechnology-research.php

Trust this helps with an overview of Lupin’s plans for biosimilars.

Disc- invested in recent downturn.

1 Like

Results announced :

Revenue and Profit before exceptional items is almost same as last year .
Exceptional loss of 1464 crores.

Hi,@pranay2k2 dont mind me saying this but this forum is not for price targets and buy sell recommendations but to share insights about the business you own or wanted to own as a minority shareholder and contribute to the investment community.

If you really need guidance for buying/selling please opt for Advisory or own mutual fund where you can leave these decisions to the fund managers.

Thanks

2 Likes

Burning too much money on hope!. Also, there could be change in policy by US govt, which could seriously impact on export oriented business. Better to focus on pure India or mix (invested in Eris and Natco)

Disc - sold my holding @1239 long ago

20180517_Lupin-Limited_44_QuarterUpdate.pdf (864.8 KB)

I have been unable to find earning call transcript for the 15th May meeting.
If anybody has the transcript, could you please share.

Thanks

USFDA Video’s on biosimmilars

2 Likes

http://www.lupin.com/lupin-launches-solosec-secnidazole-2g-oral-granules-in-the-us.php

As per the concall Solosec™ (secnidazole) 2g Oral Granules could be $ 100 million market if this therapy for bacterial vaginosis (BV) in adult women is well accepted.

1 Like