Kriti Nutrients Ltd. - Looking for answers!

Drop in the rupee helped Kriti Nutrients gain a positive outlook from CARE.

http://www.careratings.com/upload/CompanyFiles/PR/Kriti%20Nutrients%20Limited-10-03-2018.pdf

Disc: Invested.

@RajeevJ - have you been following this lately.Any impacts seen due to ADD by China on US soy products.thanks.

Is Soyabeans entering a bullish cycle as Brazil sowing is down by a huge 50% till date?..Also, the signing of first leg of trade agreement between US-China might give Soya futures a leg up.

An interesting article on Kriti Nutrients

Thanks Madhu, Can you please post the full article?

That’s the whole article. Seems like a promo.

link: (scroll down, 2nd piece after a para on NHDC, its dated in the future, 17 Nov 2019)

Disc: Exited month ago, after 2 years. Stock is going nowhere and competition from big biz is only going to escalate. I see no USP/moat etc.

1 Like

Promoter Stake Increasing Q-on-Q and Realigning their BIZ Model:

IEPF is not promoter entity.

IEPF stands for Investor Education and Protection Fund

1 Like

If Soya Beans prices goes up. Isnt it negative for Kriti?? As the Raw material for the opil is the Soya Beans. So dont the raw material cost go up?? Correct me if I am wrong

hello, hope you are still invested in this stock. i read your analysis and found it very informative. i have been picking up small quantities for 3 months now. i love the fact that the company in question has hedged its bets across a few sectors, thereby ensuring sales stability. also for me, a conservative management is always a big plus. i, with my very basic knowledge in this field, went through the cash flow statement and think that it is very healthy and stable.

hopefully, the stock remains depressed for a few more quarters and i can add to my position. request you to guide me in case i am wrong. thanks.

Does this company have an adverse impact due to the COVID-19 lockdown? I am not sure what the impact is, since it is a food manufacturer (essential commodity).

from what i have read online and through company filings with bse, they were able to operate during the lockdown period. but they were having logistical difficulties, so god knows how much they produced and whether they were able to realize substantial sales during this time.

I am new to investing and wanted some guidance on this company. Is anyone still tracking the company?

• Company doesn’t seem to have moats and unable to pass on the rise in raw material prices to consumers. If one has to be on the lookout for price changes in soyabean seeds and crude soyabean oil, how does one go about it?
  • With capacity utilization at 79% during FY 20 there seems to be minimal option of growth without undertaking capex in the subsequent years?
  • Also there seems to be a provision to grant loan to its predecessor company Kriti Industries to the tune of 25 Cr. Is this normal?!

Screenshot 2021-02-04 121812|587x499

Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

Do correct me if I am wrong here.

I do have similar doubts about the Loans being given by Nutrients to Industries.
It seems to be an ongoing activity that has grown over the years.
Do you have any thoughts about how Industries is utlizing these loans ?

One possible positive aspect about these loans is that they are recoverable on demand, but since the promoters are the same, they decide when that time is. That doesn’t make me feel anymore secure.

Adding to this, in the FY21 Annual Report, the company states that they have been investing in ‘breakout product development’ for about 4 years now, thought the only substantial CWIP, R&D investment & Decent Increase in Employees has been done in 2021. So, what were they talking about when they said 4-years ?

So, based on what I said above, the company has only talked about Investing but only started doing this in 2021, but it could have started years ago, but it did not. BUT they had enough money to loan it out to KIL ?

BASED ON WHAT I STATED ABOVE - it seems to me that the promoters have their focus on KIL than KNL, and one of the reasons being Scaling up KNL’s business is relatively difficult compared to scaling KIL’s. Hence, they are conjuring all the resources they can, without hurting themselves and KNL, to invest in KIL’s growth.

Please do correct me if I am wrong. Just another low-experience kid here.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Excellent results https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/4a57f2af-9aa5-4497-83d4-e98cf7a0d853.pdf

2 Likes