Kitex Garments Limited

Kitex Garments - Updates
Kitex Garments Ltd has informed BSE that 10,96,950 equity shares of Late Mr. M.C. Jacob, promoter of the Company, constituting 2.31 % of outstanding shares of the Company is being transmitted to Mr. Sabu M. Jacob, Chairman & Managing Director who is a Successor as per the Succession Certificate issued by Court of Sub Judge, Perumbavoor, Kochi and now confirmed by respective Depository Participants on October 04, 2016.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/stock_market/corp_notices.php?autono=4956481

please elaborate on this

http://www.oceandial.com/files/file/download/id/508

Looks like this fund has invested in Kitex recently. Page 8 has the writeup - KITEX GARMENTS: GROWING UP QUICKLY

disc - not invested

1 Like

more evidence on Prof and Sanjoy holding and increasing stakeā€¦

disc- held on for nearly a year and exited recently not seeing any improvement in price action

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

One thing from the document that got my attention:

ā€œAlthough the history behind KCW
existence has some plausibility, the
owners have rightly taken the decision
to merge the two businesses, appointing
Ernst and Young as a consultant. And in
order to maintain full transparency
it has been agreed that KCW will be
listed first, before the businesses are
merged, a process we expect to take
18-24 months.ā€

Is this statement correct? Is there an official confirmation that KGL has appointed Ernst & Young as a consultant to decide on the KGL-KCW merger? Does anyone here have more information on that?

Thanks,
Lav

DISCL: Invested in Kitex.

Yes, this has been said by the promoter Mr. Sabu Jacob on the earnings call repeatedly.

Yesā€¦and this is where it reinforces the belief that this promoter is genuine

Thanks @kaustubhkale & @ashwinidamani . I knew that Mr. Jacob had mentioned about the merger during his earnings call many times. But I wasnā€™t aware about the appointment of Ernst and Young for the same purpose.

Bad results from Kitex. Both sales and profits down big time.

Anyone knows the reasons!!

Thx
RR
Disc: Invested

1 Like

@rajput_delhi Is there any investor presentation? Any idea about the con call details?

I have been itching to get out of kitex and this result might trigger me into doing so if Mr Sabu cannot provide convincing reasons

Sabu has a call tmrw with ET Now at 11:10am to discuss results

1 Like

Kites results. http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/6A3FFFCF_9F5B_439F_A2FC_5787C8300BE0_173944.pdf

The balance sheet has become more strong. Significant reductions in Long and Short Term Borrowings. Decrease in Receivables too. Inventory is building up.

2 Likes

Mr. Sabu was on ET now. As per him, 35 crore of sales has been hold as inventory as 2 of clients are waiting for USA election results and have asked to hold for few weeks. As per him, he is still committing 20% growth target.

Any reason why USA clients would like to hold on to inventory due to election results ? Any long term/short term impact they see due to elections?

Note : Part of extended portfolio and still under tracking position

I did some search on web trying to understand the correlation between the US election and customers deferring infant wear. No luck sofar.
It will be interesting to hear Mr Subu in the con call.

yes, not able to understand. Long term call may be deferred but short term sales, how does it matter for them. Also, if this is the case , it should be for all the vendors and similar numbers should come from everyone else something not good about the statement

If he has still committed 20% sales growth for this year, it sounds a bit too optimistic.

They have done around 226 cr in H1.

So to grow 20% over last full year sales of 546cr, they would need to clock a revenue of 429 cr in H2 of current financial year.

Is that even possible by any chance? To me this sounds difficult to achieveā€¦

Even this was asked that it mean to grow at 30%. He said, his guidance is still intact as it is a temporary inventory issue. On jockey, he mentioned, he is out of contract where focus has shifted from cotton to synthetic and focusing more on inner brand business which he is trying to build. Good part is more clarity over debt-cash issue (until there is some accounting creativity, i am not aware if such creativity is possible). Just trying to keep eyes and mind open without any positive or negative bias.

Kitex manufactures garments for kids. Who in the US will stop buying a piece of cloth for his Kid irrespective - why would he hinge his buying decision on who is going to be elected? If the probable assumption is US clients are holding off on orders from India, why didnt this play out with other garment exporters. Please think and never take a promoterā€™s comments on face value.

Thanks,
Ravi S

2 Likes

Thats what keeping a close look on close competitors, if this is the case, not only childwear, this should be valid for other textile companies also like indo count, trident etc. Any idea, if any of these companies results are out or which one is most closer to track?