Newbee on this forum looking for critique of my portfolio.
I want to create a portfolio which will multiply my wealth in the next 3-5 years time frame.
Learnt a lot from this forum, so trying to share and record my journey too.
Would need your guidance & suggestion on my investment rationale, plans and how to consolidate, point out stocks which do not make sense and other valuable suggestions:
Investing style - Long only, value+fundamental driven and concentrated portfolio. Special attraction to distressed assets. Not interested in day trading.
Criteria - Every investment idea should atleast have the potential to generate minimum 2x in a 3-5 year time frame.
Current Portolio @ Purchase price - Primary Investment Logic:
- IDFC Bank @ 40.5 - Clean promoter + franchise at book value
- Piramal Enterprise Limited, PEL @ 2600 - Promoter track record + Cheap on a PE basis, not too bad on a P/B basis + potential for unlocking the holding company discount.
- KCP Ltd @ 160 - Undervalued on enterprise value basis + stable business.
- GM Breweries @ 900 - Bet on Increasing consumption of alcohol by Indian society, stable earnings, debt free. Promoter quality is a bit of ??
- GMR @ 18 - Distress asset. Bet on promoters capability to turn things around + play on airport vertical
- Dishman Carbogen @ 255 - Small pharma company with decent track record available at reasonable valuation.
Most of my holdings are in negative and some like KCP have shaved 50%.
The 50% loss in KCP, has taught me that I should plan my entry price better. Though I still have conviction in the company fundamentals. So lets see.
Grateful, if you can critique the portfolio.
Also please suggest ideas that I can look at, given the current downturn in markets.