Itc and hul

(bala) #13

i know we can roll over in f&o , but my point is leverage is a double edged sword. with delivery you buy only that much that you can lose a fixed % on a trade.

hul is at a critical support level. 518 is tested atleast5 times. watch out for price action around next couple of days. if you buy in futures, strict stoploss at 498 applies (500 - buffer)

(Manher Desai) #14

I am long term investor and believe in keeping certain stocks permanently in my folio and do not get upset by month to month variations in price levels. This kind of stocks should be sold if you want to buy your first house , children’s higher education or daughters marriage or any major health problems in family.

Stocks like HUL ITC Bayer Crop Science Mico Bosch Tisco Tata Gloabal TCS CMC BASF Pfizer Wyeth Labs Grindwell Norton KSB Pumps according to my understanding comes under same class.

If you have same in family portfolio or inherited from parents should not be used for trading purpose.

Need views from friends in forum about this concept. If you have also made such kind of long term portfolio which can be hold for years together pls inform. I am long term investor in stock market from 1975 onwards and holding all above mentioned stocks .If you keep this kind of stocks in physical form your urge for selling will reduce automatically and wealth will be preserved and can be utilised when there is genuine needs in family.

(sunnysachdeva) #15

I checked ITC on screener.in https://www.screener.in/company/?q=500875
I was suprised when I looked at the Promoter Holding its shows 0.25 %. Is this correct?

(kishor barhate) #16

Manharbhai,

Do pidilite & titan ind also shall be considered in this category. Pls share your views on both

(manish dwivedi) #17

UP FDA finds lead in Yippee!!! Now ITC is in the radar.

(Suneel) #18

May be UP FDA has a big problem which need to be cleared before they test anything. Only they seem to be finding problem.

(spvk1) #19

(Raj A A) #20

ITC: IN PURSUIT OF NEW HORIZONS
CREATING GROWING VALUE FOR FARMERS, CONSUMERS AND SOCIETY
Address by Chairman, Mr YC Deveshwar
107th Annual General Meeting
ITC Limited
July 27, 2018

file:///C:/Users/Raj/Downloads/ITC%20AGM%20Speech%202018.pdf

(A. King) #21

Which FMCG will perform ?

(Shailesh) #22

Interesting comparison

(Ranga Kiran) #23

As on September 30, 2018, Specified Undertaking of Unit Trust of India (SUUTI) held around 9.63 per cent stake in Axis Bank, 7.97 per cent in ITC and 1.80 per cent in L&T.

While the government is waiting for L&T to launch a buyback offer to tender its shares; for holding in Axis Bank and ITC, it would consider off-market deals, an official said.

“We are open to selling stake in Axis Bank and ITC through bulk or block deals. It all depends on the valuation,” the official told PTI.

(dprashant) #24

Any one acccumulating ITC at these levels ?
Does it appear to be good long term (5-7-10 year ) bet ?
Or it looks cheaper only optically

PE is 31, PEG is 3.6, so definitely not cheap. I think of this as a buy and hold company and I have been purchasing at 250-285. But it fell below 200, 3 years ago, so you may want to wait.

(dprashant) #26

I meant it’s cheaper on relative basis compared to other companies in pack .
May be because market is giving valuation of cigerrarates business and not FMCG yet

Yes, which means it does not belong to the FMCG pack. But if it is yet to be included in the pack, why do you want to buy it? What do you think of its valuation if you consider it to be a cigarette company?

(dprashant) #28

It’s already part of my PF and I am adding free every month ( weekly ) and currently forms around 10 percent of my PF.
Was just trying to have others views too as I am prone to biases hence checking.

Mine too, although not 10%, I also add regularly.

I don’t think biases has a place in purchasing FMCG companies in the sense that there will be demand and growth for the products although it is a competitive space, so you are not making any big mistake unless you have paid a big price and investing for long term. And as you know it hovers around 270-280 many times, so If this is part of your long-term portfolio, you could wait for Nifty to fall, which many expect to happen.

(dprashant) #30

Thanks for all the inputs

(Ranga Kiran) #31

(Ranga Kiran) #32