Investing in foreign securities

Does anyone have experience in investing in foreign securities across countries from India? Looking for a convenient way of doing it. I have evaluated Inteactive Broker but the threshold limit and penalty for not trading is high. I have approached ICICI direct which have asked me to write an email to a particular id but did not get a response.

There is a related thread

Thank you Adiga. I have gone through the posts and have received no future incremental information. I will await if someone responds with more practical solution (with out advice of investing only in India)

1 Like

A number of brokerages in the US allow Indians residing in India to open accounts with them. (eg. Charles Schwab ). You should then have access to a ton of international companies and ETFs that are traded in the US. There are some minimum balance restrictions (Charles Schwab has $25K for example). I haven’t really done a comparative study of options available.

Take a look here : http://international.schwab.com/public/international/nn/open_an_account?country=IN

All are requested to move their posts to the existing thread on international investing. This thread is locked and will be deleted in due course.