InterGlobe Aviation - Indigo

Does anyone have a comparative of Indigo with spice jet

Try tijori.in

1 Like

Itā€™s tijorifinance.com

Good insights given by the CEO here with clarification about the promoter differences.

1 Like

One of the better insight were

1. Why Wide Bodied plane are not feasible till you reach a critical mass : There is a difference in filling 300 seats daily vs filling 100 seats daily

2. They are planning for 2024 and beyond for Airbus and Boeing. Shows how confident they are of future demand. Think of this as capacity expansion by a manufacturer.

3. Once you have 70 planes of one variety , the maintenance cost is feasible.

1 Like

Rakesh Gangwal (one of the promoters of company with total holding of 23.1 percent) wrote letter to SEBI seeking its intervention on his alleged grievances. SEBI asked company to gives its response to Rakesh Gangwalā€™s letter by July 19.
Source : Moneycontrol.

This i believe is now starting to get ugly ?
it will be interesting to see if the companyā€™s reply to SEBI is in line with what CEO has told on tv a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Promoters are working full time to make the stock move into penny category!!!.. Market leader falling within with no effort from competitorsā€¦

4 Likes

What about your investment? You are in profits, what are you thinking? Do you want to wait or book profits and enter again?

I dumped all my Indigo shares yesterday at ~15% gainsā€¦and CAGR returns of about 10% over 18 months.

I can deal with business issues in any company. Though promoter infighting and corp governance issues will make me dump any company no matter how good any day of the week.

As it is they are in tough sector with so many moving parts along with tons of government interference.

They are doing nobody any good by trying to clean their dirty laundry in public.

If the two promoters donā€™t get along and have such issues and disregard for each other (at least of late and of what one reads in the media), I shudder to think what their thoughts are on the minority shareholders who come way below in the pecking order. I reckon we are those pesky shareholders no one cares about.

Good riddance!

9 Likes

Even mee too , i held this for almost 1.5 years but these issues will drag the share price considerably. I didnā€™t like the way things are shaping up on Indigo may be once the issues are solved i can add it again .

1 Like

Good things will never be available at good price when everything looks good !

Indigo is the best example of this now.

No competition, the lone profitable airline, the lone wolf expanding its horizon and the only one who has the low cost advantage.

i completely agree that the promoters should have sorted this out privately but if there are indeed any corporate governance issues that RG is referring to which are so serious as to demand SEBIā€™s intervention, i belive anything that comes out of this mess will be good for the minority shareholders.
Having said that, i give the benefit of doubt to RB. He has a agreement is place which gives him the veto power and RG has been signing it all along all these years.
RPT as per RBā€™s statement is a fraction of Inigoā€™s turnover which i think is a good reason enough to believe that things have done at arms length basis.

The current mess doesnot affect the business is any sense. will be adding on dips and tread with caution.

3 Likes

Exactly my situation and my thoughts, the price will fall until some clarity emerges. I too had sold my holding for profit and will buy again once the issues are resolved. I can always get in.

1 Like

This CEO interview which in a way re-assured shareholders that there was no serious difference between the promoters was so misleading given what has happened now. Anyone seeing this interview and buying the shares assuming there is no serious issue between the promoters has been short-changed. That is why some famous investors donā€™t interact with management at all and keep an independent view. Else the smart talking management misleads with grand plans and vision for their companies.

1 Like

Status Quo is my thought now may change as I am also human being :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I remember reading somewhere RG in the initial days told RB that he will give money but this will close in short timeā€¦ dont ask me moreā€¦ This was in 2000s now the entire thing changed :smile::smile:

There is something related to their current agreement that is expiring and may be RB is looking for RG to out ā€¦ we are fed with news that they think which suits us. None knows the truth.

Lets see.

1 Like

Not knowing what is happening inside a company is painful and may lead to losses. The % of Deliverable Quantity to Traded Quantity is barely 8.82%, looks like all are waiting for some clarity, hope it emerges soon. Power struggle is not good.

IndiGo promoter dispute: Rakesh Gangwal to approach PM Modi to resolve issue, says report
Gangwal also said he does not want to take over InterGlobe Aviation, the company that runs IndiGo. He also clarified that he would not sell his stake in the company, and that he will no longer be a part of the airlineā€™s operations, and will focus on corporate governance issues instead.

RG now seems to be going quite overboard with his ^noble^ cause of getting good governance in Indigo.
Why cant he wait for Boardā€™s reply to SEBI ?
Why cant he wait for investigation to finish about RPT ?
ā€¦and whats the hurry to meet PM and make a corporate governance issue in a airline company as a security issue ?

1 Like

Where was his corporate governance when the promoters paid themselves a very very hefty dividend just days before going for IPO? When he enjoyed the gains, he kept quiet. Now when he is under pressure probably because of the engine deal from where he is cut-off, he is acting like a saint.

1 Like