IDFC First Bank Limited

Thank you Vinlive for the information… keep us posted about the latest updates…

also came to know that IDFC First Bank which was earlier branch of IDFC Bank but not capital first are going to introduce new loan products like auto loan, home loan, etc… this was the change in branch which was the branch of IDFC Bank Ltd earlier…can anyone post the changes in capital first branches?

Bhailog! This is not Yelp, please stop sharing your customer service experience at IDFC first bank. This is an investment discussion page, please only post if you have a valuable insight about the business that you would like to share.

Thanks

15 Likes

A picture from the Morgan Stanley report shared above showing liability breakup of various banks and why it’s important for idfcbank (specially post merger) to raise retail liability for stability of the organization

Disclosure : invested.

1 Like

This is very much known and expected. Btw I was checking charts for last few years…would have been better off picking up the big Kotak or HDFC or even Axis bank…the doubled quadrupled etc etc while I kept looking for new ideas…maybe they become 20 times while my new ideas remain challenged. Makes me wonder that simple investing In a leading bank for last 10 years … a no brainer… would have yielded my expected returns… question is will this repeat in next 10 years…

Disc: invested

5 Likes

Guys, Seems like the new website of the bank is here.
The old website sucked, new one is in similar lines to Capital first, I hope they make is fully working with lot of updates.

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/

1 Like

Capital first btw has highly rated android app as well. Just checked, rated 4.4 by 48k users compared to Bajaj finance app rated 3.9 by
79k users on playstore.

2 Likes

That is just an empty domain with some placeholder text and images. Been like this for many months as the website is still under development. Existing website dashboard and entire design is very basic… I too hope that the new website will be in the lines of capital first.

2 Likes

Rating Update

http://www.careratings.com/upload/CompanyFiles/PR/IDFC%20FIRST%20Bank%20Limited-03-28-2019.pdf

1 Like

with very low CASA, and with inherited NPA, it will be a while before we see any strong performance in terms of NIM leave alone profit. Poor management of the previous IDFC Bank will also require change in branch culture. Lot of work

2 Likes

IDFC Bank Ranked 5th in Consumer survey!

I understand Goldman has downgraded IDFC bank to sell with target of 45. Has anybody got that Goldman Sachs report

But KMPs bought shares few days ago

Went to an electric goods store in Patlala, Punjab. Competing with on spot credit by Bajaj Finserve and HDFC, IDFC First bank’s employee said that there is a visible change in the Bank’s aggression after Vaidyanathan took over. In Patiala for example, a bank branch means that customers who are not internet-savvy can visit the bank for completing formalities. Also, their credit approval is swifter and now competes with Finserve in loan disbursal window.

5 Likes

Investor presentation:

Casa showing good trends for the future, growing from 6400 cr to 9100 cr in 3 months i.e. 2700 cr (42%). Savings account deposits grew ~54% from 4398 cr to 6750 cr. in the same period.

Gnpas increased from 1671 cr to 2136 cr. Will have to listen to the management for outlook on asset quality.

Retail funded assets grew from 36,200 cr to 40,800 qoq while wholesale funded assets de-grew from 56800 cr. to 53600 cr.

6 Likes

Commentary-Q4-FY-19-results-for-IDFC-FIRST-Bank-new.pdf (452.6 KB)

Management commentary
Q4FY19

3 Likes

I think they are pointing out at IL&FS and DHFL here. More provisioning for these exposures could come in coming quarters.

2 Likes

I think it is ADAG cos. and DHFL -

Iirc, IDFC bank didn’t have any/much exposure to IL& FS

2 Likes

Yes.Looks like that. On a lighter note, the only relief in this case is that, ADAG has got his MOTABHAI to bail him out if need occurs whereas in case of IL&FS there is no such BHAI available. :slightly_smiling_face:

IDFC First Bank Ltd board approves enabling resolution for raising Rs. 5000 crores

The Board of Directors (‘the Board’) of IDFC First Bank Ltd at its meeting held today i.e. May 10, 2019 has approved enabling resolution relating to issue of Debt Securities up to an amount not exceeding Rs. 5,000 crore (Rupees Five Thousand Crore only) on Private Placement basis for a period of one year from the conclusion of 5th Annual General Meeting of the Bank, within the overall borrowing limits of the Bank, subject to approval of the shareholders of the Bank and other applicable statutory/regulatory approvals.

Shares of IDFC First Bank Ltd was last trading in BSE at Rs.49.25 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 48.45. The total number of shares traded during the day was 1098209 in over 1759 trades.

The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 49.6 and intraday low of 48.55. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 53824604.