Hitesh portfolio

I am closely following jenburkt pharma recent quarters the NPM increased from 11.55% to 14.45%. hope the market will give a good P/E to this stock in coming months.

@advait, Take for me currently remains an opportunistic bet. I would monitor things and see how it goes to ultimately decide whether it can be something better than an opportunistic bet.

@smbapat, As I can glean from screener, jenburkt quotes at nearly 20 times ttm earnings. And From Sep 14 onwards they have been stuck in topline range of 22-25 crores quarterly run rate. Unless they can conjure up some topline growth I dont think there could be much by way of rerating. For such a small company with limited topline growth I wont be willing to pay more than 20 PE unless I am very sure about its growth prospects.

@hitesh2710 With pharma companies taking the FDA heat, wonā€™t Take solutions be a perfect shadow play on the pharma sector? They are targeting a decent 25% growth and with their acquisitions going to bring in more revenues soon, wonā€™t this be a good compounder? Iā€™m trying to understand why you call it as opportunistic?
Mgmt recent interview - http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/take-solutions-targets-25-growth-eyes-acquisitions/article8324286.ece

@jugalmoney

You can read whole canfin thread and make your own decision. This forum is not for stock advice. It is to learn. Read the guidelines before posting anything if you have not done so.

i asked if it makes sense to reduce exposure from gruh, repco to can finā€¦have gone thru the same.

Thnx.

Two questions Hitesh.
Your quote ā€œas a principle I dont like companies which have to look at acquisitions to growā€ makes a lot of sense, so what is your take on a company like MPS where the entire growth seems to be hinging on acquisitions?

Secondly, what is your take in the entire ISMAC space, not heard much from you on that?. And related to that any thoughts on companies like Kellton, Persistent?
Thanks!

@hitesh2710,

I would request you to point out moat/ competitive advantages for take solutions, if possible. Thanks

Hi Hitesh,
What do you mean by opportunistic met?

@ricky_, there is a thread on Take Solutions and people have thoroughly analyzed the company. You will get all the answers thereā€¦

2 Likes

@whipsaw, Based on momentum shown by co in its results in last 2-3 quarters Take seems interesting to follow. @ysreddy, opportunistic bet is something which we may not consider longer term but once the triggers play out and u get your price u take the profits and move on.

@ricky, As mentioned by advait, the thread on take is a mine of information and you can go through it to find out risks/benefits in take.

@vidur,

MPS has no option but to follow acquisition led growth. Organic growth seems to be difficult. Having said that, I have earlier also stated that I would give some more time to management work its magic and review my opinion on my investment in MPS.

I dont have much idea about ISMAC space so no views on it.

6 Likes

Hiteshbhai,
Do you have any views on Bajaj Electricals.?
The company is selling cheap on Mcap/Sales ratio due to lower margins.
Also Iā€™m not able to understand the company paying 100 cr interest on loans of about 450-500 cr.
Higher margins can grow the bottom line rapidly for them.

@hitesh2710,

whats your most recent take on torrent pharma ? I read somewhere that its going to issue fresh equities. Is that indicative of any hidden concerns? Can torrent pharma be still relied on as being an excellent bet for next 3-5 years?

Hiteshbhai is the proposed acquisition in the interest of torrent pharma ?

@jshah, I dont track bajaj electricals. Not much idea about it.

About torrent pharma, I would wait till the contours of any acquisition are visible. Size of acquisition, funding for it, what kind of company it acquires and when, ā€¦ there are a lot of questions lingering so I would wait and see how things unfold.

@hitesh2710

How do I calculate my actual portfolio returns?

For example, I buy some amount of shares for Rs 10K and after sometime I sell it for Rs 12K. Now, I reinvest this Rs12K and sell it at Rs20K. The effective portfolio return is 100%(simple returns) as I have put in 10K and made 20K. The more the transactions, the more difficult it is to calculate as apart from reinvesting, there would be fresh money pumped in and also profits taken out, losses booked and so on. Keeping track of this would help me analyse how much have I churned out from my investments and how much have I pumped in.

How do you keep a track of the fresh money pumped in and the reinvested ones in your portfolio?

I donā€™t know if this is the right place to ask this, feel free to remove if it is not.

Dear Khashyap

I take the liberty to answer this query.

You can create a portfolio at one of the sites e.g. moneycontrol.

whenever you buy a stock lets say for 10 k you add it to the list. Assuming you sell it for 12 k, you log the sale and it gets stored in your transaction history.

At any point of time the portfolio you hold will reflect the current market value, and all past buy and sells will be registered in transaction history. needless to state in order to accurately calculate net gains you have to also track tax payouts if you have held and sold a stock for less than a year which would attract capital gains tax. In such a case you can also record such transactions in an excel sheet and make deductions.

All the best!

1 Like

I use Google Finance.

Very simple interface and you can do all the math there -
https://www.google.com/finance/portfolio?

Return Calculation is explained here:
https://support.google.com/finance?hl=en&ei=SHAgV9DfD5Ga0AS-g7GgCg#178047

Hope that helps.

Praveen.

5 Likes

Try http://www.mprofit.in/

Up to Rs 50 Lakhs, its free. You will get all details, including annualized returns

6 Likes

Hi Hiteshbhai, I have a query on Piramal Enterprises. Would it be an opportunistic bet, looking at the demerger of Healthcare and Financial services businesses?

I have always got a new perspective or a new way / dimension of thinking from your thoughts, hence would love to hear your views on this. Your views expressed on the Piramal Healthcare thread (date back to Juneā€™11) were quite circumspect. Have you had a look at it recently?

Rgds,
Advait.

hi advait,

I had a look at PEL bcos of its technical picture. It looks like its 3 main business are at an inflection point. The presentation post q3 results articulates the details of the companyā€™s businesses. I feel the number of optionalities are huge in its businesses.

I had given up looking at the company since a long time but once it was brought to my notice by a friend who also is invested in it, I was impressed with recent results and was pleased by the potential of all businesses.

One of the things mentioned in an interesting book called The Next Apple by Ivanov (available on amazon.in) is to look for a combination of a stock making new all time highs and still not much discussed or practically ignored by market participants. This one fits the bill if one were to look out for such kind of stocks.

disc: invested recently.

13 Likes