Himalya International - A Turn around Story?

In my view it is very difficult to clear all his debt with this condition in near future …
company showed 2016 ( cons ) sales and Expenses Rs. 113.60 and 105.04 Cr
company showed 2017 ( cons ) sales and Expenses Rs. 121.29 and 95.35 Cr
sales up and expenses down is big question for me ?
sales up 8 cr, expenses down nearly 10 cr. is a big question for me

They have informed in newsletter that they have 34 acres of land on NH8 near delhi and plan to sell it for clearing debt and working capital. Based on earlier information company planned to develop it in affordable housing complex. Also promoters are subscribing 3 million warrants at rs 30 to infuse cash in the company. Looks like company foresees increase in working capital due to start of their gujarat plant.

Company plans to change name from Himalya International to Himalaya Foods or Himalaya Frozen Foods

Company also plans to issue 3.5 million Warrants at a price determined as per SEBI guidelines or @ Rs 30.

Each warrant shall be convertible to one share within 18 months of the Allotment of Warrants.

This issue of warrants is done to enhance working capital. Seems they need money for Gujarat Plant…

Seems company is on path of progress finally, but will have to watch for the results for few quarters…

This will lead to equity dilution of around 6 %, but still the equity is very small…

Reference - http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/517cd118-04f6-4bc1-bbc9-1608fa7703be.pdf

Company changing name is generally a “red flag”. During dot com boom, many fraud companies have added words like “infosys” or “dot com” to their name to attract gullible investors. I hope current frenzy of “food” companies and their crazy valuations (for eg. Prataap Snacks) is not making Himalaya to add “foods” tag to its name.

I would be very cautious on all such instances. Its better to be safe than sorry…

There is another thing in name change. They corrected the spelling of Himalaya also.

Saw title of this thread , After reading some of posts, the curious question is “Is it turnaround company or 360 degree turnaround company ?”. I call such promoters “Bull Market CEOs,”. Every bull market ,they come out from hibernation weaving a new story n giving some pudding to tickle minds that this time they look serious,however, ending in looting some new gullible investors .Look at historic track record and count of red flags . Money is precious. Invest wisely . Disc : Not invested not interested

4 Likes

Huge agriculture reforms next on cards for Modi Government. 58% of country employed by Agri Sector. Once these reforms announced, biggest beneficiary will be Agro based and Agro processing companies…

Going forward to 2018 and 2019, Assocham has said it expected a major attention going to the rural landscape with several initiatives like support to farmers, rural and agricultural infrastructure.

I think all this is possible after the kind of results Modiji got in Gujarat where farmers and villagers voted against him…

Personally feel that Bull Run + Agri Reforms = Better Results in Future & Better Stock Price…

Disc : Invested since levels of 25 added recently around 34.

1 Like

As had said, turnaround story or 360 degree turnaround story. Bull market greed let us forget all rationales sometime that we do not even realize if we are riding a jockey or a vulture. Leave it for one to decide for himself. I could not stop laughing seeing this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Himalya International is showcasing its QSK (Quick Service Kiosk) Franchise Model Under ‘BURGERS’N’FRIES’ at Winter Carnival, Stall F7, Noida Ground, Sector 21A, Noida fromfrom 22-25 December 2017.

Ref - http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=5f58564f-e58a-48f3-83fb-9c4158afdd0c

Did anybody in Nodia, visit their stall, if yes, please provide feedback …

Himalya International has appointed Value360 communications Pvt Ltd as their PR & Brand Promotion Agency.

Value360 will disseminate information about the Company’s capabilities & its products to create the ‘Real Value’ perception and buildup the Himalaya Brand. It shall also enhance the propagation of Himalya Products through Franchisee Models and the proposed Online Store.

Value360 will provide its services to Himalya Pan India through its offices at New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore & Hyderabad.

Ref - http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/7a81e93e-1b66-49e5-8e85-ba5460fc5b19.pdf

Personally feel that all this will help the company and it can post good results in coming quarters, once Gujarat plant gets going.

Disc : Invested 3% of portfolio since 25 levels. Willing to hold it for another year or so till company turns around …

Hi Saurabh, I was looking at this company more from the product plat form and demand drivers. We saw a company like Tastybite which made spectacular run up it caught my eyes and started following it in recent times and wondering if the company following similar journey as Tasty. You mentioned few of the historic records and count of red flags. Can you eloborate?
Disc : Not invested

Just sharing my 2 cents to the discussion :slight_smile:

They have 7 ready to eat items Listed on Amazon (home delivery) , and all items appear to be reasonably priced.

Having said that None of their products are available on Big basket !

Taking into a/c their target (urban) customers, they will definitely have to crack the online sales channel.

Disc: Currently tracking the stock, No investment

Soon their products will be available on Flipkart, Snapdeal, paytm.

If online sales click then it can be really great.

Disc : invested since last 6/8 months.

Any views on recent opening of franchise store in Delhi? I think it’s first positive move towards there vision 2020!

Link is not working now. Not coming on search too.
Any reason?

Disc: Not invested.

All you need to do is Go to Amazon.in and search for: “Himalya fresh”

That’s it , you can monitor which products are there , Today i can see 3 Products Only

Still none of their products appear on Flipkart/ PayTM , I checked the PayTM mall (App and Website -Both) to be sure .
I would not expect them to sell products on Snapdeal anyways. (Snapdeal platform has slowly become Junk).

I would tend to agree with comments from Grohal above. The company might have potential in the Very far future but it’s definitely not visible by their online presence.

IMHO, They are just trying to sell their range of products (i.e. Fresh) , by taking advantage of the already built brand of Himalaya (the FMCG Giant with Ayurvedic products as well). Sometimes shoppers can skip an ‘a’ in the search

Disc: I will continue to track this Stock.

In Amazon.in and Amazon.com try searching for himalya fresh. I just checked and found some products.

I think there are just testing it right now, before they staart real selling online.

Once they are successful on Amazon even to some extent, flipkart and Paytm will start calling the.

Thank you, Suraj.
On search with “Himalya Fresh”, I can get three products.

Yes, I noticed this similarity too. Even I had problems in search. Even Google baba seems confused few times. Searching on Amazon was tough too. Hope the problem may not remain that high after it get renamed to Himalya Foods international!

Disc: invested.

Himalya Result for Dec, 2017 is out and it is good.
Sales and Profit both increased.

EPS is 0.50 Vs YoY 0.13.
Net Profit is Rs 2.88 Cr.
Previous Quarter it was Rs -4.6 Cr. With this quarter result, all three past quarter results are in negative. If it can give positive result even then we can pocket super gain!
Sales gain is 16% YoY.

QoQ result is very good but that is not comparable due to flood in Gujarat.

Disc: Invested

1 Like