Eicher Motors

20% drop in volume overall. Exports have picked up 28% yoy though. Let’s see how things pan out overseas.

Does the change in guard imply that Siddhartha Lal would be focussing more on Eicher trucks ? Isnt he the best person to know the royal enfield business completely ? How does one view the change in guard at Royal Enfield?

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

3 Likes

RE twins and the Himalayan were featured on Jay Leno’s garage this month. The praise is noteworthy considering the vintage and luxury cars in his collection.

8 Likes

Competition coming home

4 Likes

1 Like

A must watch video for anyone invested in or tracking Eicher Motors.

After watching this video, my conviction to stay put and invest more in Eicher has increased manifold. No kidding! Watch and judge for yourself.

Disc: Invested

7 Likes

Govt. has already started working on a draft notification. Any thoughts on how this would impact Royal Enfield?

In continuation to my previous comment.

Draft policy talks about two wheelers below 150cc. So impact on Royal Enfield at all as of now…

This would actually benefit royal enfield IMO. It will become rich men’s toy and thus people will either prefer commodity bikes for day to day operations or prestigious bikes for show off. This move will impact others rather than royal enfield unless they realize its futile to have RE for the sake of planet/or whatever.

1 Like

Bajaj Auto, Triumph Motorcycles to firm up partnership agreement soon

The first Made In India Triumph model from the new venture is likely to be a 400cc motorcycle that will roll out of Bajaj’s Chakan facility by the end of 2021

1 Like

The company is trying everything to get the growth back on target. I sincerely hope this isn’t a case of blindly throwing darts and hoping something sticks as far as strategy goes.

250cc bikes have a lot more competition and in 350cc the competition is only going to increase going forward. Things only seem to be getting harder for Eicher each passing quarter.

2 Likes

One interesting data point that may get better over time is the export opportunity. Having higher margin, even modest growth could have a profound impact on bottom line.

1 Like

Exports growing rapidly

2 Likes

Good to see segment above 350 cc growing steadily. Some of the de-growth in segment below 350 cc could be because of switch made by consumers to higher cc (cannibalization).

It will be interesting to see further developments after they establish small outlets in smaller cities/towns. Also, moving into 250 cc bike could be another trigger.

Interesting juncture where company is currently.

Disclosure: Invested

1 Like

Hi

Haven’t got model wise figures of June yet for RE and other manufacturers. But my hypothesis is that the 650 twins delivery has increased. It was ~2000 units in May 2019. In May 2019 overall >350cc was 4,504 out of which 2,427 were 650 twins. So old >350cc models had a mere 2,077 units sold in May. I would want to follow this number and the uptake of 650cc twins.

Also in the last few weeks I have started noticing a couple of interceptors on Bangalore roads. One thing I read on a motoring forum is that there are still vibrations in the Interceptor. That is bad. But feedback I received from my friends who are bikers and test rode it were quite positive.

Harley on the other hand is also planning a 300cc motorcycle. But this will not be the usual Harley it is some re-branding of a Chinese engine afaik.

Lets see how the entry into smaller displacements pan out.

Rgds

disc: not a registered analyst/adviser. just tracking the company for long. no investments.

6 Likes