Disruption: Auto Ancilliary

The next wave to hit the EV market is the ultra capacitors… skeleton technologies from Estonia has got some grants in Europe to mass produce ultra capacitors… Ultra capacitors are use to provide energy rush during peak power requirement…

1 Like

While Tesla is in the Hight end of the market now, but it is only the start of Musk’s grand plan. And to think just to start, he has made a GigaFactory for batteries, puts us in awe of the man and his capabilities.

Check out his plan according to which Tesla is operating.
https://www.tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux

Execution is his Forté. And so I believe solar powered cars would definitely be a reality in 10-15 years… And Solar does not even need the Infra of Superchargers as the solar panels would form the roof of the car. And even before that, I still believe affordable electric cars are coming…

Which are indian companies going to have tailwind due to electric vehicles disruptions?
Please share your thoughts…all members

I think OK play ,Goldstone Infra are EV makers in India.What I like to know is the battery manufacturer’s which will power the EV.Does Panasonic India manufactures EV batteries?

Also the deisel Engine manufacturer such as Swaraj n Greaves Cotton would be hit worst.

Minda Industries in JV with Panasonic for lithium iron batteries for autos, Panasonic energy india listed entity is in lithium batteries for mobiles not autos.

With costs of lithium batteries falling, is it a good idea buying them…
IMV, it is like buying solar panel makers in solar boom… Many of them
make big losses

Panasonic doesn’t manufacture EV batteries in India but in Japan.
But day is not far off when they start manufacturing in India

An excellent, well thought out plan laid out by NITI Aayog and RMI to transform and push India towards clean transportation. Good to see they have laid out 3 phase action plans for various transformative phases. The end of the year EV policy document will also be much awaited piece of the puzzle.

http://niti.gov.in/writereaddata/files/document_publication/RMI_India_Report_web.pdf

1 Like

An Industry in Disruption, AUTOS. Notes from a Capital Junkie.
http://csinvesting.org/2017/05/19/an-industry-in-disruption-autos-notes-from-a-capital-junkie-tit-for-tat-analysis/

The industry’s move towards electric vehicles represents a significant challenge to the traditional strategic landscape an automaker faces. An electric vehicle has drastically fewer moving parts than an internal combustion vehicle and is, by design, far more modular, meaning that barriers to new entrants are significantly lower.

Electric vehicles are also far more uniform in their driving dynamics, because there is little scope for refining an electric motor with one moving part. Swathes of engineering and marketing investments become irrelevant. And both ride-sharing enterprises and developments in automation seem increasingly likely to grow beyond niche markets into something properly disruptive to the car ownership business model.

India to sell only electric cars in 2030…

India to add more than 1GWh of lithium-ion battery assembly capacity this year

Link not working brother. Error 500 Internal Server.
Any other link?

In my view companies like Exide and Amara Raja have the automobile battery supply chain figured out . In the event of mass adoption of EVs surely these companies have the edge. I am sure they are already investing in developing Li-ion batteries for EVs. I have placed my bets on these companies

1 Like

Good article on what all is happening in this space

Competing with Toshiba Denso Suzuki JV will be hard for Exide and Amaron. When Suzuki is going to produce it themselves, why would Exide be provided with opportunities? Mahindra has expressed interest in sourcing from Suzuki.

1 Like