Dinesh Sairam's Portfolio: Requesting Feedback

I haven’t written here in a long time. Some interesting updates.

I have sold my entire stake in Kitex Garments in order to raise cash (Yes, I sold at a small loss). I did, however, take a small stake in KMCH lately. I haven’t entirely understood the healthcare industry yet, so this is just a token of appreciation, since I think the company has some good moats and was trading at a good discount to its intrinsic value. The rest of my portfolio remains the same.

Since I wasn’t doing much by way of investing, I thought this would be a good time to relax and look back. I built a simple excel thingy to keep track of my portfolio performance (Inclusive of dividends and adjusted for new cash infusions):

The sudden drop you see between March and September of 2017 was the time I rethought my investing process, so I sold out on many of my previous investments and put them in Bank FD instead. I re-entered just months before the mid-cap and small-cap meltdown – how unlucky, I must say.

I also built this handy DCF model too, once again thanks to free time:

Finally, I have started writing a blog on mostly Investment and Valuation-related content:

I’m enjoying some peace and quiet. But also tracking some potential investments. I’ll be sure to update if I make any significant changes.

3 Likes