Dhinakaran Portfolio

Yash Papers

As per Screener data - https://www.screener.in/company/516030/

99.98% shares pledged

Also

Any specific reason for increasing allocation?

Have been actively deploying cash in the recent fall. I came out of Edelweiss last month. TVS motor is a recent entry. This is how the portfolio looks as of now.

Stock Name Percent
APLLTD 14
CHOLAFIN 12
PIIND 12
CCL 9
GARFIBRES 9
EICHERMOT 9
TATAELXSI 8
TVSMOTOR 7
AVANTIFEED 6
HDFCLIFE 6
YASHPAPE 6
MOTHERSUMI 5

At this point Debt is 65 % and Stocks is 35% of the whole portfolio. I will continue to add in the existing stock stories periodically

With recent additions, This is the latest portfolio.

Stock Name Holding
APLLTD 12
CHOLAFIN 11
PIIND 11
CCL 8
GARFIBRES 8
TATAELXSI 8
EICHERMOT 7
TVSMOTOR 7
POLYMED 6
YASHPAPE 6
AVANTIFEED 5
HDFCLIFE 5
MOTHERSUMI 4
1 Like

Did you reduce some or they got at adjusted as PF% when new entries came?

I have been accumulating my salary in Debt for last 8 months. So Debt allocation grew and I used this opportunity to re-balance it.

How is investment in debt different from a Bank FD? In terms of return, some banks offer effective returns of 8%.

You will get indexation benefits in Debt funds which is not the case with FDs

Hello sir, your portfolio allocation between debt-equity has been very apt and something that i wanted to follow as soon as i started following you, but i always failed in doing that. I was slightly higher side on equity, more like 60 to equity and 40 to debt. Not seeing any posts from you after Aug 2019. Kindly share your experience through these times and how are you seeing allocations now.

Hello @Dhinakaran,

What is your opinion on Cyient Ltd, for long term investment.

Company’s products and services looks attractive for the current and future IT market.

Please advise.

Siva chandran.

1 Like

The portfolio has been dormant without much action in the last 2-3 years. This is how the portfolio stands as of Today - Top 3 holdings become disproportionate due to stock multiplication in recent years.

I will keep adding to the portfolio. No plans to liquidate due to higher valuation.

Lucky to exit KRBL, Yes Bank, Edeleweiss at all-time high in recent years.

PAUSHAKLTD 42
BAJAJFINSV 11
TATAELXSI 10
TVSMOTOR 9
AVANTI 7
APLLTD 4
HDFCLIFE 4
CHOLAFIN 3
GARFIBRES 2
HDFC 2
LAOPALA 2
MAYURUNIQ 1
POLYMED 1
YASHPAKKA 0
4 Likes

What is your view on Alembic Pharma? Have you partially reduced allocation or is the power percentage an impact of steep fall in share price?

I did not reduce anything in Alembic… Just that other stocks zoomed up so much… Alembic is just running side ways for years… I will just hold it may be add a little more. Nothing changed so I am sticking to it… and I don’t sell even if it is overvalued nor do rebalancing unless there are any fundamental issues.

I have actively deployed cash in this fall. Let’s see how it turns out. I will deploy further if there is any further fall.

This is how the portfolio stands today. No selling in last two years, I have bought heavily in the recent correction - Some of the overweight top holdings are due to the extraordinary run, I am in no mood to book profit in the multi-baggers, I will let it stay as it is.

PAUSHAKLTD 23
TATAELXSI 7
BAJAJFINSV 6
BRITANNIA 5
FINPIPE 5
HINDUNILVR 5
TVSMOTOR 5
AJANTPHARM 4
HDFC 4
JUBLFOOD 4
MAYURUNIQ 4
ASTRAL 3
AVANTIFEED 3
CCL 3
HDFCLIFE 3
LAOPALA 3

3 Likes

Added further on Dips. This is how portfolio stands as of today.

Instrument Allocation
NIFTYBEES 14
PAUSHAKLTD 13
BAJAJFINSV 8
CCL 5
TATAELXSI 4
TVSMOTOR 4
BRITANNIA 3
HINDUNILVR 3
CDSL 3
LAOPALA 3
HDFCAMC 3
FINPIPE 3
ASTRAL 3
JUBLFOOD 3
YASHPAKKA 3
HDFC 3
AJANTPHARM 3
HATSUN 3
MAYURUNIQ 3
HDFCLIFE 2
DMART 2
AVANTIFEED 2
TITAN 2
2 Likes

Did you move from Paushak to NiftyBees? Any reason why you are overweight on the index?

1 Like

I had some extra cash coming in , I have parked it in Index till I find a opportunity.

Nifty hit a PE of 18 odd points, Which clearly is a buying opportunity. I am actively start buying this dip. Equity Vs Debt stands at 30:70.

What are the companies are you adding sir🤔

Nothing new, Just to the stocks in the existing portfolio.

1 Like