Dhanuka agritech

Sorry for going off topic, but Mahesh/Ayush how do you like Astec life in this segment ? The AR does not have much but the call transcript they have on website is pretty detailed and they seem to be getting their act together. Seems to be promoted by the brother of Hikal’s Hiremath. I did notice Ayush’s name asking questions on the call and it seems Ayush also holds some of it as per a comment on his blog but apparently it’s not really a favourite yet. Not an easy stock to trade though.

Top line slightly below estimates…positive surprise in margins…today’s concall commentary will be interesting to monitor…

Rgds.

Discl. - hold

N Sood…Don’t track Astec Life closely…

Rgds.

@N Sood,Regd Astec Life,can you provide link of con call, as i couldn’t find same on co web site,or in Research Byte.

Hi,

Yeah, I find Astec interesting and have some exposure. However, the insight is limited and I’m interested in doing more work to inc exposure.

Ayush

Sorry again for going off topic.

Is any one tracking Atul Ltd?

Profit growth seems spectacular over years. Decent ROCE and available at attractive valuations.

Hitesh bhai can you spot and flag pattern in dhanuka?

Thanks

here you go…weird… they used to have the link it on the homepage i think

http://www.astecls.com/Astec%20LifeSciences%20Ltd%20Transcript%201.pdf

@N Sood,Thanks,though i thought recently they had done con call.But even this i couldn’t find on co web site.

In my limited knowledge of technicals, this does look like a flag pattern. Would like to hear from Hitesh. Entered today.

rohit, excel,

There is no clear cut flag pattern but there seems to be a falling wedge pattern which seems bullish in longer term… In near term there could be some consolidation.

results have been pretty decent and along expected lines.

I think its a good buy on declines closer to 160-170.

hitesh.

Some analyst Paras on ET now reccommended Dhanuka and Ajanta for 40-50% upside in next 1 year.

Thanks Hitesh bhai

Some Q3FY14 concall details mentioned in the below report -

http://emkayglobal.com/Uploads/EmkayResearch/Dhanuka%20Agritech%20Q3FY14%20Result%20Update.pdf

My Q4FY14 & FY14 estimates for Dhanuka :

( fig. in Rs. cr. )

Q3FY14e

Q3FY13

Revenue

162 â 168

EBITDA

29.1 â 31.0

PAT

20.5 â 23.8

( fig. In Rs. cr. )

FY14e

FY13

Revenue

748 â 754

EBITDA

122.9 â 124.8

PAT

91.1 â 94.4

hi Mahesh,

Nowadays, pretty much every Met office is predicting an El Nino this year. It’s still a probability model but would like to know your take on the impact on stocks like Dhanuka and Kaveri?

Hi HG,

If El Nino effect turns out to be severe like a pronounced drought then pure doemstic players like Dhanuka, Insecticides, Rallis, Kaveri will get impacted the most because of the higher base of FY14. However, if the effect is restricted to pockets then effect might not be that severe. PI Ind.could be well insulated because of higher contribution from CSM. Lets hope for the best in the interest ofour country and its macros.

Rgds.

Yes - whether to remain invested or to book profits was the question on my mind. Have decided to book some profits and add to other holdings.

Did come across the following quote from the SBI chairperson -

On predictions of apoor monsoon due to the El Nino effect, she said âlet us keep our fingers crossed on the prospect of monsoon this year. But one thing was reassuring âtheground waterlevelsstand sufficiently recharged by last yearâs rains.â

article link -

Dhanuka Agritech to ramp up pesticide capacity

Nothing new to read but states about Lustre which is interesting.

I’m considering owing this business. Free cash flow, M cap/sales is lowest among Rallis, PI Ind and Bayer Cropscience; good return ratios, decent growth are positives. I might just buy at CMP. People who track this closely, what is your opinion?

Hi Ashwin,

The company has been discussed extensively in this thread. I like the company and am invested from lower levels. Sales depend on having a good monsoon and with the el nino overhang this year - for me, the only issue at this time is whether to take some money off the table and invest in other stocks that I am interested in.

HG