Dewan Housing Finance Limited

Media news denied by DHFL
Also the claim of having shell companies

Press Release by DHFL denying media reports on a lookout notice against promoters.

I would prefer Mr. Kapil Wadhawan himself to disperse such news looking at the current situation of the Company.

Govt issues lookout notice against DHFL promoters

MCA did not find companies on the registered DHFL address at the time of physical verification.

The only issue is that the company has not received it. Like Jet airways they will be taken by surprise.
I don’t trust any of these promoters.Technically he may be right because the notice may be in transit.

The notice is not issued to the person. It is sent to the immigration authorities to stop the said person from escaping.

1 Like
  1. so the govt chooses to issue a lookout notice against promoters instead of raiding their offices or houses ?
    Not finding physical evidence of companies should have been enough of proof to conduct further probe by the government into dhfl, nothing of this sort has been seen so far.
    isnt such a lookout notice required to be issued AFTER the person is not found where he is expected to be found ?

2. The stock corrects merely by 3% on this news which in this volatile times is become a norm, while it corrected upto 20% when they stopped renewing FD’s or honouring premature withdraw request.
    what should be considered more serious ?
    Price action in dhfl doesnot suggest that the market is taking this news seriously.

3. If promoters are absconding, whom is welspun talking to ?
    Welspun seems to have shown interest in the Slum rehabilitation projects of dhfl.

4. It may also be the case that given the fact how Likes of Nirav Modi and Vijay Mallya exited the country before problems cropped up, govt wants to pre-empt any such attempt.
    Govt also needs to maintain a face to the public.

1 Like
3 Likes

What happened to this link? Was the article taken down?

1 Like

A certain Mr. Deepak Shenoy has been the first to break news of a Default by DHFL.

Many other sources are waiting for an actual confirmation.

Edit. It’s on the news now.

Edit2:

2 Likes

Although the link has been taken down you can view its cached version. You can do a google search with the terms “pgurus mirchi saga Wadhwans”. The link appears as a top search result. View the cached content of the link.

3 Likes

As expected things are Starting to get ugly.

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/debt-mutual-funds-navs-halve-as-dhfl-defaults-on-bonds-payment/articleshow/69668367.cms

1 Like

Has anyone evaluated DHFL bonds as investments as some are offering 30-50% return.

My views( I may be completely wrong)

DHFL has given total borrowings amounting to 1.02 lakh crores and equity of 10k crores

Let’s assume as per cobra post there is an NPA of 30k crores
My recoverable amount becomes 80k crores there by leading to 20% hair cut for bond/ debt holders.still after the haircut I may end up earning 20-30% with minimal risk.
But what I am not so sure is which bonds has first charge of assets over the company.
If anyone knows how to value these junk bonds/ how to know among various series who has the first charge over the assets can post their views

1 Like

Hi,

All the secured bond will have first right at the time of liquidity (series doesn’t matter), then commercial paper and unsecured bonds. I have spend a lot of time figuring out how to value junk them, they are no-brainer according to maths for Dewan and RHFL . But company might pay bank first (commerical paper) without triggering liquidation and for this they will start selling good debt. This mean we might end up with just bad loans. I would say buy bond which have maturity in near term if you want to play this game. Also, you will not find liquidity in bond counters, make sure to put limit orders according to your safety margins.

6 Likes

source :
; Forbes List Directory

How many survived by now
the below is from an old slide share
source:

some of the speeches of Kapil Wadhawan… … but Now 80% down still battling has old the entity close to him see below …Will that work I Don’t know Wadhawan Global to sell 49.04% stake in Avanse to Warburg Pincus affiliate - The Hindu BusinessLine

https://wgcworld.com/academic/speeches/speech-at-the-university-of-rochester
https://wgcworld.com/academic/speeches/convocation-speech-at-jagran-lakecity-university
https://wgcworld.com/academic/speeches/speech-at-the-london-school-of-economics-SU

Why Wadwan selected UK listing Why not the other countries with low income honest tax payers in African or others parts of Globe … here below is KApil’s speech at LSE listing is below .

ALL absconders run to UK …this fellow May be creating safe house i MAY BE Totally WRONG …

https://wgcworld.com/academic/more_speeches/speech-at-london-stock-exchange

what i see the root of problem is NBFC arranging short term funds to lend but they are stretching the collectoral periods to say 15 0r 20 years … but eventfully the principle lender ( Mutual funds or LIC or BANKS need their money back in shorter period as given to NBFC against it’s Commercial papers . Compnay like DHFL think that the Hose is in hypothecation in their name so in case of default they can raise the money .That is true but getting money through sale of property of their clients may hamper the NAME of the company and reduce it’s goodwill … also reduced the future inflow of the interest income …
the YEDI soch of MINE is saying that incase of utmost urgency the NBFC will not hesitate to use this option .
so my opinion the liquidity should not be issue but it is the management Where they steer the wheel as i found the management is spendthrift on lavish life style ( ROLLS ROYAL TOUCH ) should not be considered as sound management …unless he is BAPPI DADA …:grinning: ( i respect him as a good singer and composer though :blush: )

disc: invested .This is not Buy or sell recommendation. I am not sebi approved analyst

1 Like

Whether Cobrapost allegations are true or not, and whether the Wadhawan want to run to UK or not will be known if/when an investor joins the ownership. this will be after due diligence of the books not available to us.

All we can do is wait and watch.

This 31k crore is NPA or the funds ‘‘allegedly’’ diverted by promoters? Two are different.

Guys I am just curious on how other NBFCs and Microfinance companies able to survive this crisis? What are their sources of capital

1. Selling loan portfolio or securitized loans to raise capital
  2. Bank facilities
  3. Commercial paper
  4. NCDs
  5. CCDs
  6. Ofcourse, collections

There are tons of methods and many NBFCs, big and small - believe it or not - are doing fine (finance costs rising in line with top line)

4 Likes
3 Likes